Toni Garrn

How much do you travel?
Depends on the month. In February, March, September and October are Fashion Weeks. If I do them all, I'm in NY, London, Paris and Milan for a week each. And I got shootings in between. Most of the time I'm around two or three days per week and on a flight each week. There's no routine. I live every day just as it comes.
(Seriously, you haven't done a full fashion month in ages, I don't know why she mentions it at all.)

This! LOL exactly my thoughts, oh girl :rolleyes:
So presumptuous overall. At the airport, checking in at the First Class, yeahyeahyeah...

Agreed :rolleyes: :doh: I usually try not to jump into conclusions based on something that's written as you might miss the tone or the way something is been said.. but she sounds very presumptuous and also kind of unlikable there :huh:

Masterclass La Fête Selon Chanel

Publication: L’Express Styles December 2014
Model: Toni Garrn
Photographer: Philip Gay
Fashion Editor: Mika Mizutani
Hair: Maxime Mace
Make-up: Elsa Durrens

wearesodroee

I agree with everyone else, I've read one too many interviews where she sounds like a brat. :(

I don't think she is presumptuous. I don't know. I read things with another kind of tone...

I don't even think she is a brat, I just think she doesn't know how not to sound like one. I mean, everything she said in this interview is pretty obvious. Of course she has a lot of miles, she travels long distance like once a week. Of course she uses her miles to upgrade her seats/ check-in counters etc. Of course she is a pro when it comes to traveling and so many people aren't. Of course she's the last person to board. Even I am the last person to board, and I don't fly very often.
The only thing I really blame her for is the fashion week thing, as I pointed out above.

Other than that: I can totally imagine that models' lives are just like that, not only hers. BUT: Most people with privileged lives try and hide just how privileged they are. Most of them, or at least the likable ones, would say 'Yeah, you know, I have to travel a lot, but you get used to it, flying business (or first, for that matter) certainly helps, and I always carry a good read with me to keep myself entertained during the flight.' She says 'Families and tourists are way too slow during check in'.
She just doesn't know how to find the right tone, be it in English or in German. It makes her sound like a brat at times, or like a stupid little girl in other situations.
Sometimes I really think it's because she's shy and she doesn't really want to 'perform' in front of journalists, but even if this is the case, she needs to find another way to deal with it, especially when her career is going down the commercial road.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Fühlen Sie sich eigentlich immer noch deutsch?
Garrn: Wenn ich verabredet bin, bin ich immer die Erste - ich bin sehr pünktlich und organisiert. Ich hab noch nie einen Job verpasst, war nie krank und würde nie einfach einen Tag nur rumgammeln. Dieser innere Drill ist, glaube ich, sehr deutsch. Aber wenn ich in Deutschland bin, empfinden mich viele nicht so. Meine Mutter zum Beispiel sagt, ich sei sehr amerikanisch geworden.

Q: Do you still feel german?
A: I am always the first on dates. I am very punctual and organized. I have never missed a job, I was never ill and I would never just hang around on a day off. (...)

Yeah sure. She has never been ill in her life?! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think she is a brat, I just think she doesn't know how not to sound like one. I mean, everything she said in this interview is pretty obvious. Of course she has a lot of miles, she travels long distance like once a week. Of course she uses her miles to upgrade her seats/ check-in counters etc. Of course she is a pro when it comes to traveling and so many people aren't. Of course she's the last person to board. Even I am the last person to board, and I don't fly very often.
The only thing I really blame her for is the fashion week thing, as I pointed out above.

Other than that: I can totally imagine that models' lives are just like that, not only hers. BUT: Most people with privileged lives try and hide just how privileged they are. Most of them, or at least the likable ones, would say 'Yeah, you know, I have to travel a lot, but you get used to it, flying business (or first, for that matter) certainly helps, and I always carry a good read with me to keep myself entertained during the flight.' She says 'Families and tourists are way too slow during check in'.
She just doesn't know how to find the right tone, be it in English or in German. It makes her sound like a brat at times, or like a stupid little girl in other situations.
Sometimes I really think it's because she's shy and she doesn't really want to 'perform' in front of journalists, but even if this is the case, she needs to find another way to deal with it, especially when her career is going down the commercial road.

I really think it is because she doesn't like to perform. She said this a long time ago, so I understand, but yeah... she needs to improve this. But because I really believe in her career, I believe she will learn how to do it. :wink:

^but it´s not only what she is saying, if you watch videos of her, from red carpet etc, you often see her rolling her eyes and stuff. I have seen so many videos of her in german breakfast TV when they are mad about her and totally love her, you see her rolling her eyes or being arrogant

^but it´s not only what she is saying, if you watch videos of her, from red carpet etc, you often see her rolling her eyes and stuff. I have seen so many videos of her in german breakfast TV when they are mad about her and totally love her, you see her rolling her eyes or being arrogant

today on RTL(GermanTV) they show again her "unlikeable red carpet appearance" on a 2014 retrospect - category strange behavior between stars and RTL-reporters :doh:

I don't know... I see this in other way. I know some famous people that act exactly like Toni and they are not arrogant, in fact they are lovely and sweet people. They just don't know ho show this in most part of the time and midia always (but not only) show decontextualized parts of the recordings to show what they want to show, so... I don't believe so faithfully in all I see.

She has been vacationing in Tulum for NYE with Andreea amongst others.

instagram/toni_garrn, andreeadiddy, robstalty, gabrielamoussaieff

one more:

http://www.bunte.de/mode/toni-garrn-wirbel-um-penis-posting-114516.html

:wacko:

Versautes Bild auf Instagram

Doch das Topmodel kann auch anders. Auf Instagram postete die 22-jährige Schönheit jetzt ein ganz schön versautes Bild. Darauf ist sie am Strand von Tulum in Mexiko in merkwürdiger Klo-Hock-Pose zu sehen. Doch viel bizarrer ist die Sandburg, die sich vor ihr auftürmt. Es handelt sich dabei doch tatsächlich um einen riesigen Sand-Penis! Und wenn das nicht schon eindeutig genug gewesen wäre, sagt ihr Kommentar alles ...

„enjoying cocky cocky in Tulum“ schreibt Toni Garrn zu ihrem anzüglichen Bild. „Cocky“ bedeutet auf Deutsch so viel wie großspurig, doch der Hinweis auf das männliche Geschlechtsteil („****“) und seine Größe ist hier wohl eindeutig mitgemeint. Ob sich hier also ein versteckter, ironischer Hinweis auf die Liebhaber-Qualitäten eines Leonardo DiCaprio befindet
bunte de.

and even if it were toni, it's a god damn joke, you (media) guys.
they are staying in a famous hotel called coqui coqui, that's why.

This week's German Grazia also embarks on the cocky cocky 'vengeance' ... :rolleyes:

coverteaser.jpg

grazia-magazin.de

More instagram pics from Tulum:

instagram/toni_garrn, jamjamro, andreeadiddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"