Top Designer

prretyinpink4

Reaction score
ok deep down, down to the nitty-gritty, who do you think is the top designer. not whose the best. but whose clothes are just the ultimate status-symbol, which designer is just..well more incredible then all the other ones?? I know how hard it is to pick between Milan and Paris and New York. so pick one for each. i just want to see what other people think. :innocent:

i doon't care about status symbols...and that's certainly not how i judge who is the best... :rolleyes:

Me either. I don't really know about status symbols, but I love American fashion like you wouldn't believe. (ex: Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren)

I get shifty though. I don't think I have yet to stay with one collection from season because they just change so much and I'm fickle :ninja:

Michael Kors for Celine (gonna miss that)
Alexander McQueen
Viktor & Rolf
Costume National
Sonia Rykiel
Perry Ellis

I (sadly) do know about status symbols:

NY: Michael Kors
Milan: Versace
Paris: Chanel

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 26 2004, 02:37 AM
i doon't care about status symbols...and that's certainly not how i judge who is the best... :rolleyes:
[snapback]376009[/snapback]​

Thats exactly what I think...!

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 26 2004, 08:37 AM
[snapback]376009[/snapback]​

:flower: :clap:

The ultimate status simple is definitely Gucci. Pretty much everyone, even the least fashionable, would recognize the name/logo. If you're going for impressing people, go Gucci.

As for making the best impression and being the icon, being the status simple instead of wearing it... I think Coco Chanel's designs are so classy. But Coco's not around anymore... :(

Of course... the best designers are usually less status and more style..... Ann Demeulemeester, Michael Kors, Betsey Johnson, Stella McCartney, M Williamson....... to name a few...

Frankly I don't care, the status symbol designers aren't necessarily the best designers, in fact, not.

I agree with SoCalled..it's Gucci this and Gucci that, Tom Ford etc.

I don't think she was asking what designer is YOUR status symbol- I took this to be a fun silly thread with a playful spirit, but the vibe just totally went down hill... Most of us probably can't afford first run designer stuff, don't look like supermodels, and aren't jet-setting round the globe for the collections- I think this board is more about indulging the fantasy...

Milan: Missoni
NY: Custo Barcelona
Paris: Chloé
But if I hadn't to choose one by city, my election will be 3 Milan's: Missoni, Pucci and Marni.

Nicholas Ghesquire and Karl Lagerfeld are my current masters

karl lagerfeld is probably the top designer of the moment as i see it. he has the most experience but is not dated in the least.

My vote goes to McQueen. He's not necessarily the most recognized by the Soceity/Celeb set, but he is, imo, the best designer working today. He's nothing short of genius.

as far as status goes

Milan-Either Gucci or Prada
Paris-probably Chanel
New York-Donna Karan or Calvin Klein (pre-Costa)

Galliano kicks McQueen's ***! Olivier Theyskens and Viktor & Rolf are also great.

Originally posted by loserunit@Sep 26 2004, 04:07 PM
karl lagerfeld is probably the top designer of the moment as i see it. he has the most experience but is not dated in the least.
[snapback]376425[/snapback]​

Did you read the most recent Vogue article about him? He is really interesting. I found his personal story to be a little sad too- How mean his mother was! No wonder he's so driven.

Galliano kicks McQueens ***? I don't think so. Galliano is tired, dated and too much of a character for his clothes. McQueens is fresh, innovative and truly cares about the clothing he creates.

Originally posted by luvkoshi@Sep 26 2004, 07:40 PM
Did you read the most recent Vogue article about him? He is really interesting. I found his personal story to be a little sad too- How mean his mother was! No wonder he's so driven.
[snapback]376601[/snapback]​

I did read the article on him in September's Vogue. I like his story as well. I did find that sad that his mother was so mean, but he seemed to have adored her... the way he says she died and all.

~REWIND~
I didn't really read the first post correctly. I didn't pick one designer for each and it really seems I can't. I really like Paris designers (or designers shown in Paris). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSGTog
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->