Topshop and Colette Collaborate!

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: TOPSHOP IN PARIS
spacer.gif
TOPSHOP will boast its own Parisian boutique by the end of this month. The stalwart of the London high street has hooked up with Paris' premier fashion store, Colette, which will sell TopShop Unique in a specially designed space from February 17. As well as premium pieces from the range, Paris shoppers will be able to get their hands on the incredibly popular skinny jeans and vest staples that usually sell out of the store within minutes of reaching the shelves. "Every young Parisian woman in France has been asking themselves for many a season now: when is TopShop coming to Paris?" says the store's creative director, Sarah Lerfel. "Colette is very enthusiastic to provide the answer by wlecoming TopShop to the city of light. In some very different ways, Colette and TopShop both share a similar passion for fashion of sorts and they are two of the most famous addresses in any fashionista's black book." Colette will also be hosting the UK JACK OK! exhibition, to celebrate all things British with contributions from the likes of Suzy Menkes and Hedi Slimane, which will then go on to Dover Street Market before travelling to Tokyo later in the year. (February 8 2006, PM)

Lucky you... I loved TopShop when I was studying in the UK. Unfortunately here in Portugal they opened a couple of shops than only lasted about a year or two, then closed. :(

:woot: i'll be in Paris next week, need to check this out..

restraining from going snobish and saying 'this is the end of colette'

the colette people are far too clever, they will always surprise us with doing what is totally not expected from them.. i want to see

thanks for the newsbit Helena :heart:

Haa haa lena - I was suprised when Colette did the first Starbucks in Paris - I thought that was quite uncool actually. I think its quite interesting esp. since its the Topshop Unique range - it obviously has an exclusive edge to it.

I will be in Paris for 8 days from 26th Feb....so I'll check it out too.

Can you report back on what you thought?

I never liked colette but since topshop is going to be there ill be there more often!! yay im so excited!!

I think it's great for both Collette and Topshop! Topshop Unique is def. a cut above and as we have seen from their S/S 06 show, can hold their own in fashion stakes as well as being price-friendly. Have to be in Paris for work anyway so I will stop by - looking forward to the exhibition too....maybe I'll see it in Collette AND in Dover Street Market.

I will post an article in the Topshop thread that I read in Harper's about how Topshop has gained cult status in other countries. It doesn't surprise me the least that the demand for Topshop exists in Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot: Great, great!! Oh my god! I can't believe it! It's so amazing!

I love Topshop so much that I would take the eurostar to London, just to spend the day in the oxfordstreet store!

I actually don't like Colette very much but hey, Topshop is definetly worth it.

Thank you Helena for this awesome news!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont' think this could possibly "be the end Colette" Lena, it's just like Stella and Karl for H&M, but reversed:wink: and I believe Opening Ceremony did quite well here in NY with their Topshop collab.....

BTW helena--while checking out the Topshop stuff do you think you could find the time to wander over to the music and pick up Colette No 7 for me....I'd love to get my hands on it even though it's 6 months old:flower::kiss:

:woot: Helena, please try to make it to Paris one day earlier.. :wink:

I was so disappointed, I was at Colette this morning and there was nothing...
No Topshop stuff at all...:(

Did anyone went and found something?

i was there few months ago.
quite shocked to see TOPSHOP there.
but "baxter" skinny jeans at more than double the price even though the UK and EURO price is still attached..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->