Travel Guide : London

A big point about London is it's really hard to find a job. Nobody believes me but the person I was living with couldn't find a job and I was doing part-time work and living of my saving. Major Problems occured. The rent alone was £600pcm. To much stress for one person!

I'm moving somewhere cheaper in London. I hate paying all my money just on rent but hopefully a nice area.

really? i have heard so many different points of views on getting jops!! everyone is like oh your an aussie they will give u a job straight away. i am looking for temp work when i get there, and then after my contiki tour am looking for a job in my chosen field of marketing. i found this really good website that is specifically for jobs in marketing in England. Pretty cool.

Sunrise Serena. what areas would you say to stay away from? When u say outter London , it doesnt take long to get into the centre does it?

estherlouise said:
yeah . how cool two tfs members move in together in London hehe. I guess this is a good place for networking :D

would be soo cool, right? :woot:

well when it gets closer to the move we PM or e-mail eachother to maybe meet up in London? that way you , me and my friend carly can all be scared in the big city together hehe
Only 5 months to go!!!!

estherlouise said:
well when it gets closer to the move we PM or e-mail eachother to maybe meet up in London? that way you , me and my friend carly can all be scared in the big city together hehe
Only 5 months to go!!!!

we so will meet there! have you been in London before?

never ever . this is the furtherst I will have ever been from home. I have only been to Bali, not far from Oz at all.
Have you?

I've been there a couple of times...and I just love it..

today. i went and got my passport ready and my working visa and i got quotes for the airfares. jeeeeeezzzeee it all adds up in the $$$$ department. But still cant wait. I think i am going to join a temp agency to get some office work.
What are ure plans fairy?

cool! hey, I think we should def meet there! would be great fun...

you got your working holiday maker visa now? Why? You willl just be wasting valuable time....

I'm with Catherine. It's really difficult. Maybe for you it will a walk in the park but it's always more difficult than you think it is. Definately stay in a hostel because when I came over I stayed in hotels and it adds up quickly and puts more pressure on you to find a place asap instead of what the best place is. I would really suggest you find an aussie expat forum as they will tell you what it's like as well. I go to a canadian one and it's a great resource. And don't rely on people hiring you because of your nationality. If anything, it can be a deteriment. A lot of offices are very solidly english. Thats just my own experience, I would never say it's like that everywhere and english people in general are warm to expat people. But it took me ages to find a job and a lot of people won't like to hire you because of the visa your on, if you want a permanent job. They've changed the working holidaymaker visa recently, but when I got mine I can work for two whole years and that I can't say for longer (even though I have other visa prospects) people still wouldn't hire me because of it. I'm not saying it's always like this, and I'm not trying to be negative, just showing you the reality of my situation. I am by no means complaining as I love England, and the people who live here. It's an amazing place but I just don't want you to think it's going to be easy-peasy either. Hope that helped :flower:

thats cool. i need to hear it straight and honest.
I havent got my visa yet I just have the form and paper work thats all. I was told today by my travel agent that visas dont activate till you get to your destination?

I also thought about moving to London to study there...
But I think I first have to save some money and stop buying cloths (just for the next two weeks or so :D )

Yeah lets set a date that we are all there and meet up at a bar or pub or something. How fun!!!!!

Mulletboy said:
I also thought about moving to London to study there...
But I think I first have to save some money and stop buying cloths (just for the next two weeks or so :D )

yep thats one thing that i am going to miss shopping!!!! wont be able to do much of that there:unsure:

Theres these packages my travel agent can offer, where they help u set up bank accounts. take u on a london tour, help u sort out jobs and acommodation. they dont handit to you , but they give you advice. there is a seminar happening here next month which i want to go to.

But I also think it would be quite cool when we all would meet somewhere in a pub oder cafe and go shopping or something :D

ps: we can make an appointment, when i found a job and a place to live :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->