Travel Guide : London

banking is really difficult in general. Maybe that sort of program is more for you though....we have something similar in Canada called SWAP. When I came over though I didn't want to be a Canadian living in London hanging out with other Canadians. I love meeting people from my own country but I wanted the 'real' experience so to speak....not to live and work as a foreigner/outsider. But the visa is active as soon as you get it, not as soon as you land.

oh ok then. i have heard banking is hard so if i can get it set up here first i will be happy. i am not going to London to hang out with aussies. if i wanted to do that i could go work at the aussie pubs there hehe.

i want to meet people from all over the world. i think its going to change my life in such a positive way!

^^that's a good attitude!
I'm not sure what exactly to do in London yet...maybe I work as an Au Pair for a few months before I'll study. but if I'll find a good job I won't do that...I'll def visit the "BEST" (it's a Job and Education Fair) in Vienna. there will be representatives of the British Council in Vienna and also a couple of Universities in London...

that sounds good. i think visiting seminars, fairs etc is good to do to get an idea of things. I have been on the internet for the past few days researching flars,houses ,jobs etc.

Anyone want to recommend any good hostels?

well, one time I stayed at Astor Hyde Park! it was really cool there! just a few steps away from Hyde Park, Bayswater & Queensway and Notting Hill! I really liked it there...the ppl there are very nice as well and they can give you tipps like where to go in the evening, what museum to visit! here's the link (there are various Astors in London) www.astorhostels.com and if you want an overlook for all hostels in London, visit www.hostellondon.com hope this helps :flower:

I'm desperate to move to London. That city is just undescribable. You're very lucky you're getting to live there!

Hi Guys,

I am going to be in london from March 9 -12 th. Can anyone reccomend where to shop for beads, vintage clothing and what not. Interesting things. Also when is the portobello market...a freind told me it was on a certain day and I can not remeber. This is my first time in london, so I am super excited. Any theater for a night you reccomend?

Thanks!!!

I love the Rose Gardens in Regent's Park both in the dead of winter when nobody is there and in the summer

lora84 said:
i like indian cuisine so i alway go to la porte des indes restaurant in 32 bryanston street

Is that the one where you have to step over the mini rivers to get to your table and crush peanuts under your feet as you wait for your table?

Acid said:
if anyone is coming to london during the summer i absolutely recommend going to St. christophers place for dinner on a warn sunny evening.....its BUZZING

That's a good one. Apostrophe has THE BEST hot chocolates and I love Sofra (go for the healthy meal -you get a bit of everything) the Creperie (I like the chicken and asparagus one -number 14) and Carluccio's (the liver steak is unbeatable). I like St Cristopher's Place in the winter too actually but sit inside! The gas heaters wont get you through a meal if you are like me and like the warmth.

L O N D O N

I love it there!!!!
Hyde Park,Fortnum and Mason,Absolute Vintage,The Tate,all the theatres(espcially Wyndham's where I saw As You Like It with Sienna Miller last July!!!!!!),Hammersmith,Notting Hill,the Tower,Covent Garden,Kensington Gardens...as well as so many places I haven't been to!!!!:D:D:D:heart::D:D

susie_bubble said:
Souvenir on Brewer Street and Lexington Street - Stocks Westwood, Cacharel, Ashish, PPQ, Jessica Ogden, Hussein Chalayan and Martine Sitbon...and the shops are really lovely to shop in. http://www.souvenirboutique.co.uk/

How much is the average price for clothes in Souvenir? I'm thinking of visiting London in the summer and Souvenir definitely seems like a point of interesting. Especially after just hearding that they also stock Preen:innocent:

I'm moving to UK too! Yet I'm not sure where...
If I get accepted to the university, then I'm going to Canterbury, which is quite near to London.
If not, I'm going to London! We should definitely meet there :D
I'm sooo excited :woot:

It for sure not cheap, because me and my mom are searching for an apartment in London. The prices sometimes are very high, if you want an apartment in a captial city.

London

Hi!

I'm visiting London in the beginig of June. Please...tell me how the wheather is... I know that English Roses are whith no stockings all winter around but .. is the time to go around in flip-flops and sandals or not?:o for a girl from sunny Italy.

And if somebody have any other tip for visiting a Great City...You're welcome.
Thanx.

the weather in britain is always unpredicatable!! and when ur in london make sure u check out the topshop on oxford street!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->