Travel Guide : London

Hye Park Lover said:
How much is the average price for clothes in Souvenir? I'm thinking of visiting London in the summer and Souvenir definitely seems like a point of interesting. Especially after just hearding that they also stock Preen:innocent:

The prices are just normal retail prices for whatever label they happen to stock. If you're looking for Preen, I suggest you go to Selfridges as it's a wider selection or the actual Preen shop in Portobello Green (they have permanent sale racks there!) - that's where you'll get Preen the cheapest!

Souvenir's label selections change constantly so it's more like just see what they have when you're there - they have tiny selections of a lot of labels. Price range of around £100-500.

Most of the times they rent a house 3 or 4 of them, to make ends meet..

I dont know I lived in Islington and it was very pricy. Try living in those dumps like Finsbury Pk or Angel. Rents might be cheaper... I dont know much about real estate but I think crappier neighborhood should be less expensive.

twilight fairy said:
I am getting terrified.

How do poor students cope?! :shock:
You can get a job, I have a job but my parents still pay for my travel and food and everything else in between.
The best advice I would give you is to find a flat in south london, it's cheap enough but still with easy access to Central London and shop for food at Tesco's (every little helps). This city is a money collector.

Yeah..this all awaits me in less than 2 yrs' time but I'm already terrified..I know my parents will pay for rent/insurance/uni (obviously), but I'll have to budget myself on food, transport, clothes, entertainment..etc.
And London is harsh on the poor students.. :cry:
Perhaps like PradaBoy suggested I can see whether I can get a flatmate..maybe get a small job somewhere but I have no idea where. :ninja:

Aghjhgjdf..maybe I should study in NY instead. :P

Let me tell you this, the cost of living in London surpassed New York City and Los Angeles. :shock:

I have a friend who's an investment banker making high six figures and he can't even cope living in London. And to think he's from a wealthy family in NYC. The bloke is moving back to the good ole NYC :lol:

twilight fairy said:
I am getting terrified.

How do poor students cope?! :shock:

I think some of our older members are used to a very high standard of living. The majority of the population of London live on less than half of some of the figures suggested...

^ Thank you for that PoC.. because I was starting to feel that my family would not be able to afford paying for uni PLUS, what, $50,000 annually?!..

Oh i think it depends on what you want to do! Obviously you can spend lots of money, but i think someone could have a normal easy life with less money!

ummm don't forget it's in British pounds. Which is higher than the dollar (that's if you're AMerican).

IF you're talking about living IN London (not the outskirts) you're better off living elsewhere.

twilight fairy said:
^ Thank you for that PoC.. because I was starting to feel that my family would not be able to afford paying for uni PLUS, what, $50,000 annually?!..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably be there at the end of September/beginning of October...

but I'll make weekend trips sometimes to visit my friends...

we are hoping to move to london
in the next year (or so) :woot:

could someone please help me gather information on EVERYTHING

VENUES, where to LIVE, universities, fashion schools...everything

&also if possible, a map which shows the names of streets & postcodes on? :flower:

jr:heart:

^_^

&also best places to buy?

ok, so I read the whole thing and my question is, how can somebody just move to another country that easily? because all I hear from other people is that it is really hard to get a working visa and just stay, wouldn't you be staying illegally? how does that work? or does that depend on where you are from? I have no idea how this works, living in London has been my dream since I was a little girl. :cry:

well, if you're from Europe and your country is a EU country just as the UK, you don't need a Visa...

yup, depends where you live and what your nationality is. Also if you find a job there or want to study,then it's easier to get a visa, me thinks... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->