Trend Predictions

haute femme

turn and face the strange
Reaction score
We all know that trends come and go every season. Some are the rebirth of a classic, while others come out of the blue. Influence from previous decades, futuristic designs, particular styles and fits of clothing, certain accessories, etc..

What trends do you predict for the future of fashion? Is there anything you hope to make a comeback? I think it'd be nice to see everyone's opinions and ideas. :flower:

I have a feeling 90s influenced style is coming back, but maybe I just have a soft spot for it...

Oh, and rectangular sunglasses, a la Miu Miu

Oversized denim/wide-legged jeans:
waggw3.jpg

sources: style.com, smartbargains.com.

I suppose the 90s is/will be the next natural progression although I can't wait for the day that fashion finally catches up and spirals into itself so that a new fashion era may be born...if that makes any sense? :unsure:

Sorry to be OT again but, I just had a premonition...and mathamatically calculated that by the time we retrograde and cycle through 90s and 00s fashions it will be the end of the Mayan calendar (2012). Do you think that could mean THE END OF FASHION!? :o

Well, fashion trends never come back in the same way anyway. The egihties revival is pretty much shoulder pad and body suit free. It's not quite how I remember the 80's anyway. also fabric technology improves and the kinds of fabric used to make the revival stuff makes them look different too as well.

yeah i see wide legged jeans coming full force , but in high waisted version a la jackie in that 70s show .

Ponchos for men. Quite a few of them are appearing on men in Europe. Good ones made from alpaca are very fine wook, very warm, and look very nice.

I think eighties style will be coming back, considering all these wacky proportions that have been on the runways lately (leggings, huge t-shirts, garments off the shoulder, oversized sweaters, and those godforsaken carrot hammerpant things). I can't say I'm particularly enthused about this, but I have a feeling it's back.

^ it sure is evn though i dont particularly enjoy the idea..

refined modernistic minimalism, thats what i strongly believe in right now

I see fashion diversity as a rapidly growing trend, where being "unfashionable" becomes fashionable, doing one's own thing, as opposed to being driven by peer pressures, fashion industry "trends," and other issues. It's about being learning to be comfortable being who we, rather than feeling like we need to conform to some standard. Looking good, taking care of ourselves? Absolutely. But also wearing what we want to wear, because we want to wear it, not because we think others want us to wear it, or how we think they'll judge us one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->