Instantly Passé Trend

Im kinda fed up of trends at the moment. Feels like things are not moving quickly enough just now, the same stuff has been hanging around for ages - Skinny Jeans, Metallic accessories, those leggings. :sick:

We need something new :woot:

Princess Coco said:
Im kinda fed up of trends at the moment. Feels like things are not moving quickly enough just now, the same stuff has been hanging around for ages - Skinny Jeans, Metallic accessories, those leggings. :sick:

We need something new :woot:

Feels like it's turning point. I agree with you. Was just browsing a fashion catalogue for mass consumers. What did I find for A/W 2006? Gipsy skirts, metallics, skinny jeans 'a gogo' and military jackets. I think the fashion industry needs a new generation of fashion talents.:buzz: :buzz:

I generally wear things that I like the look of. If I see something I like the look of, and it's not too expensive (I'm poor folk), I try to get it. If it is too expensive, I'll get something close and modify it if I can. I really don't care if it's in style or not. Sometimes I see things at thrift stores that I just love. Sometimes I end up being "in style", sometimes I end up being way behind, and occasionally I end up being a year or two ahead of what's "in style". I wish more people did things that way.

thefunkykitten said:
i think trends will be around forever -

I agree--trends have been around for centuries, and I don't think things are about to change now, no matter what some silly forecaster says ^_^

I think that at the time that this was written, it was true, thus making it unbearably false. In 2004-2005, there was a time where a mish-mosh of trends were overlapping in stores. People wore what caught there eye. But now that trends are becoming more defined again, people are following. So, basically, the no-trend trend was just a trend.

PrettyInPinkO21 said:
So, basically, the no-trend trend was just a trend.

I think it says a lot about our society today even when the idea of breaking away from the crowd becomes a trend :ninja:

Does anyone think that that with trends are actually more pronounced today? In the past you were basically stuck with what you could get from the local shops, or if you went travelling, what you bought on your travels. So if your local boutique didn't stock what was trendy, hard luck. But what with eBay and online shopping, you can sit at your computer ordering the new 'It' bag, or buy a new 'It' wardrobe still dressed in your pyjamas. And there is a lot of stuff being sold over the Internet. It's crazy; people put FALSE TEETH up for sale :blink:

I don't think we really have any trends for the mainstream, anymore. What is ,"mainstream," anymore? Hip-hop? I think if we tallied and asked the people in America, hip-hop would be the #1 influencer. Even if they don't directly realize it.

Some people think one object is trendy while another person will abhor it. It's all very subjective, and therefore, ridiculous to try to define.

I believe that designers today aren't really introducing trends anymore as they are simply giving us new ideas with colors, textures, materials and all of that.

Designers are simply giving us quality clothes, and styles we feel comfortable wearing. (Hopefully.)

Anyone wanna wear some grills? :innocent: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
what is most important, in the end, is to remember that fashion is all about you - your tastes, your desires, your need for change, or constancy. You can make it go as fast or as slow as you want; you can take your time, go at your own pace. Without your choices, there would be no fashion industry; without you, your wardrobe would have no stories to tell.
I think this is like what susie said, it's about fitting trends into your personality / style. I totally agree with that. Its much more interesting than those individual trends that come and go so quickly, leaving you to be a fashion clone, looking just like the next girl on the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of the so-called trends are a way of manufacturers to make money out of people who want to look like in-celebtities and all their friends to look alike. Saying that, I love seeing what is being forecast in colours, shapes, styles etc. I see trends as ideas, to take or leave as I choose, whilst dressing to please myself. That has taken years of experience, trial and error. New trends can be useful for people to experiment with finding what suits them in order to find their own unique style

YES completly right!
If realy fashionable people will listen to this...we could live in a very original & fashionable world.Because for me its not Lindsay Lohan or MK& Ashley that are fashionable,its my grandma!:smile:

i kind of agree with a few points - that trends do come thick and fast and you dont always know when something is done. Its also true that sometimes the do overlap. However the fashion trend isnt over - just more varied. However in these times I dont think it should matter whether something is on trend or not, just wear what you feel!
Dont let trends lead you - just le it highlight what you love best.
The trend is not dead, and it'll be longer than a few years until it is - like over a century till its dead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgabes8
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"