Trends in the Office

Colors ... well, the nerd look involves lots of blue, and maybe a bit of white or black. The women ... black and white, cobalt, classic navy and camel, pink, this very odd yellow, turquoise, odd greens, coral, etc. This is the South, so color is always big here.

Today I'm wearing ivory and black with my new lipstick red patent flats :heart:

When I need to be professional, I stick to pinstripes, lots of black, and stiletto's. I personally don't like too much color all the time.

^ and what do your co-workers wear this week then?

in the shooting today, both models came in empire shape dresses and blouses.. both of them with tiny tone-sur-tone 'granny' prints

no matter what the temperature, layering seems to be holding strong with our make up artist

our photographer's team seems as if their live in those long baggy beach type bermudas, which is cute i guess :D

Lena said:
^ and what do your co-workers wear this week then?

in the shooting today, both models came in empire shape dresses and blouses.. both of them with tiny tone-sur-tone 'granny' prints

no matter what the temperature, layering seems to be holding strong with our make up artist

our photographer's team seems as if their live in those long baggy beach type bermudas, which is cute i guess :D

This is a hard one because general office style and office style in the fashion industry are completely different...and style on a shoot--a whole different animal!

I second your comments on shoot-style. MUA's and hairstylists tend to layer hip tees, sweatshirts, hoodies and loose pants. Statement jewelry that doesn't get in the way. Hats.

Photographers usually wear what they picked up off the floor! :lol: Multi-pocket shorts seem popular, so they can carry a lot of camera gadgets on their bodies...but then they have to dig through dozens of pockets before they find where they've hidden the thing they need. :blink:

Models are hit or miss. Half don't know how to dress themselves and come in hip jeans, a fun shirt and a blazer. Surprisingly, only a few dress in the trends that are on the rise.

As a stylist, I dress as nicely as I can, while still being comfy and having lots of pockets at my disposal for scissors, packets of pins, rolls of tape, etc.

Lena-- You're in Athens? What are you shooting for? How's it going?

There are times I remind myself that its just as well I work for a fashion label, otherwise I would never get away with what I wear in any other working environment! :rolleyes:

Funny thing though, all the head designers wear the same thing, day in day out. Its the womens assistant designers and design assistants that wear the best stuff. And the kidswear designer, who never fails to amaze me how effortlessly good she looks.

I presumed the head designers would wear the best stuff...far from it. The garment techs are very good as well (except a couple of the old ones!)

interesting to read thread
Stylebites said:
...Photographers usually wear what they picked up off the floor! :lol: Multi-pocket shorts seem popular, so they can carry a lot of camera gadgets on their bodies...but then they have to dig through dozens of pockets before they find where they've hidden the thing they need. :blink:
-:lol: same goes for the film crews, except almost everybody carries a lot of belt bags. the 'fashion' part are nice sunglasses and watches, the rest of the outfit consists of tshirts, cargos or baggy jeans, sneakers and multipocket wests sometimes....to spot dress or skirt is nearly impossible...
a picture of a typical behind:lol::

Attachments

• DSC04058.jpg
    DSC04058.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Patent leather pumps on the women. I love when they come into the office with some sandals or something and then run into the closet to change into the highest pair of pumps I've ever seen. Then I hear them click-clacking all day long! And for the men, I see skinny black trousers--this is a staple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->