Trends You Are Sick Of #4

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Thread Manager, Sep 25, 2014.

1. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I'm always afraid of speaking out my feelings about social media (tiktok particularly) because I don't want to sound like the Queen Mother or anything but...it really unleashes the elitist in me: I just can't with how everything is so trite, trivial and uninteresting there, where's the dream? The mistery?

Benn98 and velvetandsilk like this.
  2. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

You have good art eduction. The great artist always stole some ideas from past but they add something new. I grow up with social media but never publish a lot. My parents when I was young pay attention some experience should be private.
    Blogs and first instagram sometimes was interesting because people tried show someting new, but they started earn money everthing was banal. Nowdays, instagram looks like bad tumblr sister (when was glory days). They used the same gif, photos and composition.
    The next problem is the majority of people which now buy fashion never interesting quality of textile or tailoring. This kind of knowlage you gain from family or if you are fashion nerd.

3. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Overgrown, unkept hair on the homies.

For the most part, I think it's safe(r) to get your hair cut. This whole "I'm giving you Castaway-realness" look has got to go.

YohjiAddict and RedSmokeRise like this.
  4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ I think most guys look hotter with longer, seemingly unkept hair... unless they truly do not care about their hair and have accidental sideburns. Ew.

I'm so glad you brought this up, now that is a basic b*tch trend I AM SO SICK OF!! if I have to see another beige grid.. it's like.. I know you're all about "style" and a f*cking noguchi table and jeanneret chair, and an empty bottle of a perfume, a glass of wine with a little obnoxious book about Meisel or Calder or whatever's fashion friendly with a beige or white or black cover, and an oh-so poetic shot of a Jil Sander tag or shopping bag (do you know Jil's not even there and that it is s*it these days?!! why are you buying Jil Sander??), or a beige or white sculpture/lamp next to a ~hygge~ blanket that god forbid is green or navy or blue, no, it has to be beige.. or white, or black, because you're just a balanced, impossibly chic "fashionista" that cannot jeopardize aesthetic for spontaneity.. but seriously, do you have a mind of your own? any ideas or thoughts on fashion or sartorial expression that are not a replica or a uniform??

This is what I mean..
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [miel_juel, nycbambi, florence.cools, alexisforeman, oljaryz, modedamour, marimikh, mvb at instagram]

and yes, I took my precious time :lol:. If someone wonders where all the blogspot sheep went or what they're up to now.. ⬆️

Phuel and THD96 like this.
  5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

You just summed up the entire clients base of The Row :rofl:.

6. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Could it be someone’s a tad envious of the full head of gorgeous, thick, silky locks all around him…???

I loathe loathe loathe that shaved fade with the huge pouffy pompadour (and the accompanying beard) that every guy still has like it’s 2009 . It’s the Uggs of hair for men. I’ll gladly take a mullet over the stupid pompadour fade w/beard combo.

7. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

It just makes me hate clothes and not want to wear anything but then have to remind myself even nudity has been commodified under that aesthetic.. "just skin, under white sheet.. and a beige wall, and a white napkin with a gold pen, next to a lonely beige petal.. a poetic morning".

:rolleyes:

They're the Natashas of this generation.

THD96 likes this.
  8. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

"A tad" is an understatement.

I don't mind necessarily said hairstyle. But with beard, no. I don't think that hairstyle looks bad on any man really, none that I can think of. But when the fade is too, too close to the scalp, that bothers me. A mullet, however, never looked good on anybody...which inevitably means the kids at the local art-school are gonna bring it back in 3, 2, 1..

(Speaking of mullets, I love the slick reference to the idiot stick-figure w/ no soul :flower:.)

Phuel likes this.
  9. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^LOL

I managed to suffer through Treat Williams’ “Hair”… So much out-of-control, unmanaged dry hair there— that, with just a minimal effort, would look so gorgeous. Alias, the damn hippies and the 1960s weren’t blessed with the products we’re so fortunate to easily have access to these days.

The mullet did make a high fashion comeback in the mid-2000s? Albeit, it was in the pages of Fabien’s Arena Homme +… Still, the red-blooded models of that era absolutely pulled it off. The pubescent-looking, gender-neutral little boys nowadays? … No way.

10. FiveEasyPieces

A hair trend I’ve grown sick off that you see on a lot of current models, pop singers and Techno Insta baddies is blunt, jaw-length bobs. It’s not that I dislike the haircut, I think it looks great on someone like the musician St Vincent, but it’s such an obvious and boring statement haircut for anyone attempting to reinvent their aesthetic; also, it’s such a uniform haircut that I really think it detracts from someone’s individualism.

I’m also over sneakers that are effectively as hard to attain as tickets for Glastonbury. It seems that any pair of sneakers worth getting excited about are exclusive to the point of becoming ornamental, not worth the rigmarole required to buy them first-hand and too expensive to justify buying them second-hand.