Trends You Are Sick Of...

oh yeah i despise this !!!
so many men/boys do this - these with enough long hair.

| but i must say if the guy is manly enough, almost spanish macho kind of guy this is pretty sexy. like a flamenco guy. |

I only like the man bun when the man can pull it of ... I don't understand guys trying this when they don't even have a beard ...:blink:

I've seen it more as detail, but I'm not fond of tucking in a portion of a maxi skirt/dress. What I mean by detail is more like when I've seen outfit posts where someone tucks in one side of a button-down shirt or blouse. I think tucking in a side of a maxi skirt or maxi dress just doesn't look right to me. It is kind of a way of faking a slit or split that doesn't look all that great to me. If you're going for a slit, just get out the trusty scissors (and some extra sewing work) to form a proper slit or split of a skirt or dress. It looks better than with the look I've described in this post.

Juju Jelly-style sandals. I can't believe that they're still going. I joined tFS almost three years ago, and back then there was quite the debate over them. I still see girls on the Internet posting pictures of themselves in them - although thankfully I haven't seen any "IRL" since last summer.

Another one: the Fjallraeven Kanken backpack. In my final year of school, practically every girl in my classes was carrying one. I was tempted myself, but the standard one was too small for my textbooks. Now they've become part of a memetic Tumblr "art girl" trend, and they've outstayed their welcome.

so yeah i'm not gonna do a review of all things i see and hate ...

but guys please be more original...
so 2 days i was bike-wandering in soho then lower east side ...
and i could not believe my eyes, but all men i saw were wearing a leather (sorta motorcycle) jkt with sunglasses. ya because 2 days ago was sunny in nyc ... so yeah all of them had a leather jkt, tshirt and sunglasses. I was sooo "jaw-dropped" to notice how many men are dressed the same !

like at least wear an aviator one, be a little bit original ...
and i think aviator jkt makes the man sexier than the random ramones fan ...

* there are 3 main scenes for menswear in NYC - i feel like : ramones fan ; yeezy fans ; and queers (that category includes anyone who dont care about the brands, gender etc of their outfits - but focus more on a look to send a message, tell a story about themselves...).

^ maybe they date the girl in stan smiths, mom jeans and "minimalist" menswear-inspired oversized black coat. I wonder just how awkward it is when they run into each other, which must be like every one or two blocks.

well actually they look at each other, sometimes smile/nod at each other, and the girl obvs hunt the details that would prove she looks better, cooler (and richer) than the random couple they crossed on the sidewalk ...
sit at a bar on orchard, or lafayette and spring, and you'll see the same people walking by ... a surprise once in a while, tho.
but i look like a regular guy so who am I to judge ?
ahah ... well actually I have attitude ! :cool: :lol:

so "mom's jeans" is a real thing ?
i saw a meme on tumblr and thought it was a joke ...
i wonder what's the difference between soccer mom's jeans, yoga mom's jeans, pilates mom's jeans, equestrian mom's jeans, tennis mom's jeans ... ? sorry ... it's still early... ^_^

^ I'm pretty sure yoga mom and pilates mom only wear lululemon, never jeans. But maybe that's just a NorCal thing. Most women around here dress in lululemon head to toe except for a North Face jacket and/or vest. yawwwnnnnnnn

* there are 3 main scenes for menswear in NYC - i feel like : ramones fan ; yeezy fans ; and queers (that category includes anyone who dont care about the brands, gender etc of their outfits - but focus more on a look to send a message, tell a story about themselves...).

That’s not a NYC exclusive, unfortunately. It’s also an epidemic here in Toronto.

And they all can be as unbearably up their own as*es thinking they’re on the edge of high style as they are in reality, just mindlessly following the herd.

To be fair, once I talk to such people— and know them, and even like them LOL then their uniform isn’t so irritating (“You have great hair— don’t wear it in a bun anymore”). But still, the herd-mentality just bugs.

And oh yeah— the mum jeans are very much a reality.

but what is the difference between "boyfriend's jeans" and "mom's jeans" ? isn't it time for gaaaals to be independent and have their own jeans ?
:lol:

PR are so sexists !
:doh:

I'm pretty sure yoga mom and pilates mom only wear lululemon, never jeans. But maybe that's just a NorCal thing. Most women around here dress in lululemon head to toe except for a North Face jacket and/or vest. yawwwnnnnnnn

no it's also an Upper-East-Side thing, too ... and I hate them, with their "en-rang-d'oignons/in-line" strollers ... Here, they wear Barbour with them, or whatever sporty thing ...
I see less of them downtown, tbh ...

~
NYC get ready for this ....
Catskills vs Hamptons ... I saw ONE of them already on sunday, and there's been a paper in the NYT ....
And it's coming from Colette (yes yes ... the parisian store ... Sarah is Catskills resident), so expect to see more.
Paris in NYC, NYC in Paris ... (vicious circle im getting a little bit tired of ... :( )

source: upstater.com

Attachments

• catskills_vs_hamptons-490x409.png
    catskills_vs_hamptons-490x409.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 0
here is an extract from the NYT paper ...
(I'm really behind in my readings - this was published in nov. 2015 ??!!)

(...) After discovering the wealth of locally made products — from jewelry to candles to granola — over the years, “it made sense for me to bring all of it to Paris, where the Catskills are really unknown,” Andelman said. And so starting Nov. 16, Colette will feature a collection of goods, art, music and literature produced in that triangle stretching from the Hudson Valley to Delaware County and down to the Pennsylvania border. Among the wares on offer are tallow-based soaps from Sawkill Farm in Red Hook, bug sprays from Cold Spring Apothecary on the Hudson, maple syrup from Westwind Orchard in Accord and cider from Wayside Cider in Delhi. There will also be totes and backpacks, as well as a T-shirt from Phoenicia’s Graham & Co. hotel that trumpets its battle-cry slogan: CATSKILLS VS. HAMPTONS.

Cynics might say that it was only a matter of time before the marketing of the Brooklyn hipster would give way to the marketing of the upstate “hickster.” But it’s clear that Andelman’s connection to the Catskills is more personal than it is commercial. She’s friendly with some of the people she is featuring and has chosen to showcase not just the things they make to eat and wear, but the songs they sing and the fantastical and folkloric imagery they dream up.

the full article < click.

but what is the difference between "boyfriend's jeans" and "mom's jeans" ? isn't it time for gaaaals to be independent and have their own jeans ?
:lol:
E]

mom jeans are high waisted and mostly wider on the upper leg and tight on the ankle.
boyfriend jeans are more used/worn out, probably ripped and mostly more wide/straight legged.
girlfriend jeans are pretty much the same as boyfriend jeans but more tight.

--

I really hate this "hipster"/unwashed/ I wear my mothers 90s cloth - look.

high waisted and mostly wider on the upper leg and tight on the ankle.
i just checked it ...
mom jeans are basically the old 501 cut. that's about it. so call it the 501 original. i d k. but mom's jeans ?
and it is a very particular type of body.......-type. not everybody can wear 501 style!
a very kardashian kinda body actually. thin waist, large hips, nice derriere.

hate this "hipster"/unwashed/ I wear my mothers 90s cloth - look.

ok i get it ...
hello millennials !!

and girlfriends jeans ?
i give up ...

actually i just kinda understand this might b a trick ... there are so many brands, so many brands doing denim that you have to refer to an idea now ...
it's no longer "damn your 501 do you a hot booty!", it is "oh i love your mom's jeans! damn gal there are so FBF ! You dope mamacita"

Last edited by a moderator:
so here is a mom's jeans ? right ?

tumblr / thegirlhabit

i like it ... i can't be tired of it. it's a classic i'll never b able to pull it off so i like it even more. but yeah, please do not say it's mom's jeans when you're in society.
once again: if it does fit your body-type, look and attitude, and persona ... i'm down for it.

i've seen them yeah. and tbh i never be bored of it. coz it's something that never really disappeared of my mind ...

Last edited by a moderator:
"But first, coffee/pizza/selfie" is about as old as almost any other kind of saying that most fashionable types have on shirts and stuff.

Not sure if I've mentioned this in a previous post, but I am not very keen on buns, especially short bun hairstyles and the "man bun" hairstyle. Get them out.

i just checked it ...
mom jeans are basically the old 501 cut. that's about it. so call it the 501 original. i d k. but mom's jeans ?
and it is a very particular type of body.......-type. not everybody can wear 501 style!
a very kardashian kinda body actually. thin waist, large hips, nice derriere.

ok i get it ...
hello millennials !!

and girlfriends jeans ?
i give up ...

actually i just kinda understand this might b a trick ... there are so many brands, so many brands doing denim that you have to refer to an idea now ...
it's no longer "damn your 501 do you a hot booty!", it is "oh i love your mom's jeans! damn gal there are so FBF ! You dope mamacita"
since your name is "BerlinRocks" do you speak german? Mom Jeans are like high waisted "Karottenhosen", like the ones your/my mom wore back in the 80s
Never cared for Levis, so no idea what a typical 501 is...

mom jeans:
2d4071f9d7f0f539c0b5993c5d0d4791.jpg
stealthelook.com
f5d60621a37a63d5b9e7315c372e1a1e.jpg
bloglovin
boyfriend jeans:
b99bcadf29208ccddadf4bfbd069cf54.jpg
pinterest.com/orangeisgreat
19c58c0965508bf304046388686b3b91.jpg
stylecaster
girlfriend jeans:
56564bbbdba0ed94c434d86aae73d030.jpg
gap.de

To be a denim nerd, the old Levi's for Women were 701s, Marilyn Monroe wore them. I'd say that's more the high-waist, narrow waist, tapered leg style we call mom jeans now.

501s were the original boyfriend jeans, they were lower rise and straight legged and worn by men and their girlfriends "borrowed" them (I lost at least one pair this way).

I am not sick of either look, but both need to fit right and be styled right to look "cool", otherwise they look blah.

Something I hope doesn't become a trend that I saw offered for sale recently: a clip-on man bun. This, we do not need.

To be a denim nerd, the old Levi's for Women were 701s, Marilyn Monroe wore them. I'd say that's more the high-waist, narrow waist, tapered leg style we call mom jeans now.

my mistake. that's the one i was thinking about.

their girlfriends "borrowed" them (I lost at least one pair this way).
oh we should open a thread about this ...
"Borrowed and Lost forever" ... I've lost so many things to my best-friend (from tshirts to sweatshirts, jackets and bags) ... and a very nice cachemere navy blue jil sander turtleneck ive been requesting for the past winters. ... Now every time, she comes visiting she takes something from me or my boyfriend. It's become a tradition !

a clip-on man bun. This, we do not need.
Oh yeah. I've seen these online, only, tho ! But this is a joke, innit?
Maybe for Halloween or something. I don't think people really wear that.

I honestly never cared for boyfriend jeans, "mom" jeans, and whatever else. None of them excite me in the least sense, nor would I ever want to feature an outfit with boyfriend jeans. I don't hate them; just don't like them all that much. My reaction- make it stop. Please.

High waisted jeans.
For those who were stuffed into them as child in the 90's ...I think it's safe to say we were all traumatized.
Why bring that back? Whyyyyyyy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->