Two Hundred Pounds...

PrinceOfCats

Naturellement pulpeuse
Reaction score
My relatives...friends...business associates...lackeys..&c. have been suprisingly generous this year. However they couldn't be bothered to buy me gifts so they all gave me money (thanks a lot...). What do I do with it all:

a) Spend it on clothes (if you choose this option I expect you to be a bit more specific...)
b] Invest it
c) Spend it on sex, drugs, rock and roll
d) Give it all away
e) Throw a giant party
f) Roll it all into a giant cigarette and inhale the sweet fumes of two hundred quid...

Or anything else you can think of?

Buy a great cashmere sweater at an outlet or have some of your unsightly body hair removed by laser? I don't know...

I think c would be the funnest... haha. Investing would be the smartest. But buying clothes is always a good choice.

Unless you buy government savings bonds 200 quid isn't a lot to invest. Why not spend half on a treat for yourself and then save the rest for something you really want, or for a rainy day? You can get a cut and colour at a high end salon, buy yourself a new fragrance... or you can spend it on clothes. Maybe a nice pair of jeans?

best option) giving it all to me :P :lol:

i'd choose option c...you'll not really get that much (in the grand world of fashion) with two hundred anything. i would throw together something fun and exciting with my friends...the memories will last longer than an on-sale sweater ever will.

Oooh, thanks for the advice people. Last year I made 2k by investing a couple of hundred but I've decided I don't think I can be bothered to try that again so I'll just spend it on luxury goods of various natures...

P.S. (in a totally random tangent) Did anyone get an e-card from Yoox? If so- what on earth is 'Romantic Technology'? It sounds like something Agent Provocateur would sell...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 27th, 2003 - 4:30 pm
P.S. (in a totally random tangent) Did anyone get an e-card from Yoox? If so- what on earth is 'Romantic Technology'? It sounds like something Agent Provocateur would sell...
As a matter of fact yes. The only understanding I ever really had of 'rom tech' was in contrast to the dominant interpretation of Kapp as a Hegelian - Kapps Grundlinien represented in many ways the ideas of the Romantic movement of attaching nerves to cables, bones to bridges and cranes, teeth to saws, the circulation of the blood to the railway and bodily movements to kinematics (this being a daring bringing together of different romantic concepts and the real world). At the end of the 19th century Kapp conceptualised in his Grundlinien a kind of technogenetic physiognomy, which was accurate in the importance it attached to techniques, but out of date in its romantic background.
Somewhere to begin anyway and sure why not ask the wonderful folk at Yoox for their definition cos this one ain't quite related to the fashions.

By the by, if you do want to invest, I have some quite substantial inside info that i could probably share once i have my own *** covered :wink:

Oh, goody I can tick 'insider-trading' off my list of sins then...not many more to go...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 27th, 2003 - 1:08 pm
Oh, goody I can tick 'insider-trading' off my list of sins then...not many more to go...
:lol:

I like your humor, Prince.

Do you by any chance post at Fashist Online as well? You remind me of someone there.

well the money came to u... so u should spend it on u... or sommat that will make u feel good

i chose clothes.... umm coz i want some new ones...
or charity for that warm feel good feelin....

party... unless its ur birthday it aint about u... so its pointless...plus 200 quid wont get u that far... umm well it wouldnt get me that far...now i realise why i have ever thrown one party in my life :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->