Two Tone Hair

shopgal22

Reaction score
I love how the ends of her hair are two tone. I think I may try this since my highlights grow out so darn quickly. If anyone has had this done please let me know.

Attachments

• alexa.jpg
    alexa.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to tFS, shopgal22. :flower:
I moved your thread to this section as it's all about hair here and you might get more replies.
Also, don't forget to credit your pictures as per tFS Guidelines otherwise they will have to be removed.

Good topic, by the way, I actually love Alexa's hair and cut, I think it takes a certain type of face to pull it off but it'd be interesting to see more examples..
Another girl that comes to mind right now is Isabel Lucas, I love her two-tone hair.. it's quite 'surfer girl' I guess. :heart:

gallery_enlarged-isabellucas-premeire-photos-06252009-04.jpg
socialitelife.

Love it- Thxs for posting her pic

:wink:
Welcome to tFS, shopgal22. :flower:
I moved your thread to this section as it's all about hair here and you might get more replies.
Also, don't forget to credit your pictures as per tFS Guidelines otherwise they will have to be removed.

Good topic, by the way, I actually love Alexa's hair and cut, I think it takes a certain type of face to pull it off but it'd be interesting to see more examples..
Another girl that comes to mind right now is Isabel Lucas, I love her two-tone hair.. it's quite 'surfer girl' I guess. :heart:

View attachment 465652
socialitelife.

Love it- Thxs for posting her pic

I dont think you actually dye your hair like that. It's just from growing out the hair with new, darker growth.

It actually is colored like that (in Alexa's case). I think Sofia Coppola has had a similar thing going on with her hair but I don't know if Sofia was doing the same thing (an uplighting effect).

yeah, it is colored like that, I remember Sarah Jessica Parker did something similar to her hair in the last season of SATC.. I've always been tempted to try it, but I lack the.. nerve. :P

I am sorry, I feel that at times this look can come off looking a bit brassy and cheap.

I really love two-tone hair. It looks so effortless.

Like ChloeFrancoise mentioned, Sofia Coppola has it...

2vb7fra.jpg

So does Vanessa Traina.....

s590kw.jpg

exposay.com, lemads.de

Vanessa's looks more like her hair color has just grown out, but I like it nevertheless.

Yeah! Love all these's pictures- Thxs ladies

~ Kelly Ann ~

I knew I was forgetting another girl with two-tone hair--Lou Doillon. :heart:

fon05w.jpg

2qcowus.jpg

wwd.com, cafe.daum.net

I have that naturally...really hate it. The sun bleaches the hell out of my by hair :angry:

9tznls.jpg

27wriaw.jpg

hunm8k.jpg

21j4wtd.jpg

21ay9hw.jpg

4j3slh.jpg

2j4u43n.jpg

9a30jm.jpg

I think that it can look okay if you're like a dark blonde with lighter blonde pieces on the bottom, because it looks like natural sun bleaching, but otherwise it just looks like hair color that hasn't been touched up in ages.

Image sources: filthygorgeousfashion.wordpress.com, seventeen.com, bellasugar.com

I like this look, however I don't think everyone can pull it off. For me it has to look natural. Isabel and Alexa are definitely my favourite of the bunch. The celebrities posted above all look cheap and it just doesn't work on them imo.

I like it best on Alexa, Sofia and Lou, especially in the picture where she's wearing the Chanel jacket.

I like two-tone hair cause it reminds me of surfer girls who got it like that for both sea salt and sun :heart:.. Megan hair's all the opposite.. more indoors, stripper indoors, actually. :ninja:

I think Erin can pull this off at times.. it's just the contrast is too drastic so it often looks like another hipster hair statement.. I like the way it looks here, it's not that dark on the roots.

318x411_SS08SCBschouler_004.jpg

[madinsonmag.com.au]

Gisele's been doing this for years too, I first noticed it in her Missoni S/S 02 campaign, she looked amazing, like some kind of beach hippie. :heart:

8wmbh0.jpg

The missoni coloration is probably a little extreme but I still think she brings it to real life very naturally.. cause the contrast isn't very severe and starts with dark blonde rather brown.
1troyd.jpg

[herfamedgoodlooks.com]

One more pic.. just because I think she carries this perfectly:

Arielle Pytka :heart:
Rx07Nicks.jpg

[roxy.com]

i have two-tone hair as a result of built-up hair dye and i absolutely hate it! for me, it looks really unhealthy as i have dark brown hair naturally, and then the ends are this reddy gingery colour - it just doesn't look great. however in some of the pictures posted it definitely can work for some people!

mine's similar to rachel bilson's but hers looks much better as the lighter colour runs throughout her hair rather than just the ends, but i think she'd look better with it all her natural hair colour

3743189707_df37ba8f83.jpg

I was half-expecting the thread to open with a picture of Cruella de Vil. :lol:

I think it works best where it seems the result of the person being laid-back about their appearance... not formulated. Also, I think all the hair needs to look really healthy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->