UK Elle October 2024 : Precious Lee by Yulia Gorbachenko

I love the composition and colours remind me of 90s covers. She also looks great apart from the dress which is not as flattering unfortunately.

The composition and her angle is fantastic, that dress and those shoes are diabolical work!!!

I came into this thread thinking maybe she wasn't going to pose with her hands on her waist. And here I am, looking at her cover, with her hands on her waist... Oop, actually one is on her hip, so half a point.

It is a nice cover and the cool tones are done well. If only her bust was in a dress that was more flattering. The shoes make her feet look both long and tiny too.

She's very photogenic/charismatic in print, but not the most versatile of models, so I'm interested to see where the editorial takes her.

There are three types of cover I love in autumn-winter:

• The seasonal landscape ones full of shades of red and brown
• The ice-cold ones with clean lines and light colours
• The traditional holiday glamour ones

The last type seems to be a dying breed at a time when magazines combine their end-of-year issues and just plough straight into the barren lands of January.

LOL ol’ reliable, predictable and insufferable posing from our Precious: the consistent harbinger of cheap, tacky trash culture. Of course, anyone that criticizes her modelling is just intiminated that she’s a sassy, strong, outspoken Black woman with a college education, according to her. Apparently she’s not clued in that millions of Black women for over a half century now have had a college education. And I’m not sure if that revelation would please her— or disappoint her...

I’m still winning the Precious-not-posing-with-hands-on-her-hips challenge.

Also - I understand that copy writers have to come up with something, anything for the cover lines…but THE POWER OF PRECIOUS LEE? It’s so overblown. So done with this self congratulatory, woowoo, mindful tone everything has. What power are we talking about here, really?? It’s the same mumbo jumbo, word salad as “EMBRACING RADICAL SELF ACCEPTANCE.” Talk about eye roll.

PRECIOUS LEE
Photography:
Yulia Gorbachenko
Styling: Heathermary Jackson
Hair: Erol Karadag
Make-up: Karina Milan
Model: Precious Lee

elle.com/uk

I do still enjoy Precious’s work, I can appreciate her evident love for the work and as a plus-size model she is interesting to look at. However, I do agree that the constant self-congratulatory mood is getting exhausting. It also feels that she is slowly losing a place in our current Ozempic-world. I don’t see her around nearly as much as before.

Love the editorial they should have had a second cropped cover of her with that short cut. It looks great on her.

Never understood her appeal. She's not bad but there are other plus-sized models that are more versatile and quite frankly better models. It's the power of IMG, I guess.

not impressed whatsoever. the cover is bad and the editorial has a couple of good shots. that’s it.

Digital edition is showing 222 pages.

When fashion decides to feature someone who is not their standard size, it can be interesting to see how they incorporate that into the shoot, but I don't think they've done anything remarkable here, and not anything that would help cement the notion of "modern day supermodel". I've seen better on her Instagram.

Other edits in the main section include "Down To Earth" in a country house with model Elfie Reigate, "Spirited Away" on the beach/seafront with Naomi Janumala, followed by some short features about designers, "The Church of Rick Owens" shot by Sundsbo, and also one about Willy Chavarria (wouldn't surprise me if these are reprints from US ELLE).

So which brands are used on her story?....

So which brands are used on her story?....
Cover story is an advertorial for Dior wardrobe, beauty products and their fine jewelry. The rest include Balenciaga, Diane von Furstenberg, Marni, Tod's, Willy Chavarria, etc.

British Elle has truly become a shadow of its former self, and it's so sad to see. Covers under Kenya Hunt's control just don't hit like they used to, and this is a prime example. I'm all for having Precious Lee on the cover but the outcome here leaves a whole lot to be desired. It all just feels so... haphazard, sloppy and amateur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->