UK Elle September 2014 : Kate Upton by Matt Jones

kate_upton_elle_uk_2014_cover.jpg

fashiongonerogue.com

Not a great cover, just very bland.

It does look like a catalogue shot no question about it, uneventful. I'm still struggling to understand Upton's appeal and how to be a bombshell, isn't that a bit cringe worthy? :blink:

actually this is a decent cover, for once, i love the prada coat that helps a lot :lol:

It´s not a bad cover per se, just very boring. And Kate´s expression with the bombshell tagline are clashing imo...

love the styling, but the choice to go with this as a cover is questionable. this isn't a very striking image, and could pass for an outtake. kate is a pretty girl, im sure she had better frames during this shoot.

What gets me about Kate Upton is that nearly every time she appears in a magazine, it has to be accompanied by an article, when she's hardly the world's most interesting person, no matter what you think of her looks.

And anyone labelling her a 'bombshell' in this particular feature has seriously mislaid their dictionary.

Cover story

Photographer: Matt Jones
Fashion: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Kevin Ryan for Art + Commerce
Make-up: Quinn Murphy for Cloutier Remix
Interview: Emma Brockes

Model: Kate Upton

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

I don't know about you guys, but I'm considering her as a model anymore. She's more like a celebrity now...

The opening shot to Kate's spread is just screaming cover shot to me, and would of made for a much more celebratory cover for a September issue. The cover we've gotten is underwhelming for what is supposed to be the biggest issue of the year. Although it doesn't even matter because the rest of Kate's editorial is a total disappointment. She can photograph a thousand times better than this and Anne-Marie Curtis' styling is incoherent and unflattering as per usual.

Not that I ever expect anything spectacular from UK Elle (since the redesign) but they've missed out on a huge opportunity with Kate. I've become a sucker for Upton and purely based on how lazy and tiresome this looks, I very much doubt I'll be buying myself a copy. Instead I'd rather buy the newsstand edition of Harper's Bazaar for that stunning Rosie Huntington-Whiteley cover.

Thanks all the same for posting the HQ's, meidude!

You get the 'September experience' from the issue in terms of its size, I did enjoy going through all the new season ads. But nothing else stayed with me, so aside from a few clippings of certain campaigns, it's straight into the recycling bin for this one.

"The Beat Goes On" (Part 1 of 2)

Photographer: Kai Z Feng
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia for L'Atelier
Make-up: Carolina Dali for See Management
Manicure: Roseann Singleton for Art Department

Models: Millicent Lambert + Jamily Wernke Meurer + Dallas Alberti + Nicola Wincenc

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Beat Goes On" (Part 2 of 2)

Photographer: Kai Z Feng
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia for L'Atelier
Make-up: Carolina Dali for See Management
Manicure: Roseann Singleton for Art Department

Models: Millicent Lambert + Jamily Wernke Meurer + Dallas Alberti + Nicola Wincenc

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->