Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2017 : Kate Upton by Yu Tsai

Does anyone have Christy Brinkley (plus daughters) and Serena Williams' edits? I read somewhere that they also shot for this issue.

Robyn Lawley was photographed by Ruven Afanador in Mexico

si

A few years ago, this issue had a sensual glamour that I appreciated. But the downhill slide since then has been steady and unrelenting.

That pic of Chrissy Teigen on tippytoes with her butt in the air pretty much says it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The girls are stunning, amazing bodies, beautiful faces. BUT, the photography is gross; amateur and UGLY, I take better pictures with my telephone and i'm not joking.

wow, these photos look like a teen photographer who is just learning the different channels in photoshop. The photos feel thin and flat, yet way too saturated. Its one step away from p*rn

The problem is that they release basically everything. I'm sure most of these pics aren't in the print edition and they should have stayed in the cutting room floor.

Lais Ribeiro for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2017

SI.com

I agree that Lais is the best. The rest are just embarrassing, aside from maybe Bianca

At least with Lais, all the elements are there - the model is stunning, the swimwear isn't an eyesore, and the scenery is decent yet doesn't distract you from the girl.

I don't mind models showing skin - in men's OR women's magazines - and I don't think class should always be a consideration. Still, SI isn't what it used to be, even on their own level.

Maybe they should rebrand a bit by getting former girls like Elle Macpherson to 'artistically direct' sections of the issue. She could promote her underwear/beauty products, while SI get to appear more female-friendly, as well as emphasising their history, back to the days when the Swimsuit Issue meant a little something more than... this.

I'd personally like to see what the issue would look like if the whole thing was shot by Gilles Bensimon. He's done wonders with Maxim IMO.

The problem is that they release basically everything. I'm sure most of these pics aren't in the print edition and they should have stayed in the cutting room floor.

This!

Honestly, this magazine has been terrible for at least a decade now. It's only gotten worse in recent years. These shoots have exactly zero creativity. And the posing is so vulgar and cheap, there's just no saving it. Lais' shoot is pretty gorgeous, but that's the ONLY one in the entire set. And it's not like they're lacking in beautiful models - most of these women, if photographed correctly, could deliver stunning pictures.

Look at this set of Eva Herzigova pics from SI 1997. The entire feeling is different. She's not posing like a p*rnstar - it's just a cool editorial and she's in swimsuits. So it feels much more natural and, in my opinion, actually sexy.

*bellazon

Yes, but Eva is a supermodel, meaning she's done enough hf AND commercial work. She knows her angles. Chrissy Teigen, for instance? :lol: What you see here is just about the entire scope of her modelling repertoire. She's even too tacky for Maxim. Better for her to stay at home and start social media feuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->