UK Elle September 2020 : Adwoa Aboah by Liz Johnson Artur

I dont mind i at all reminds me of a picture from the late 90s early 2000s during the Tom Ford Gucci/Testino era

I’ll take it.

Adwoa is the only current-era model that can work the demented aesthetic successfully on her sheer force of presence. She resembles Stacey MacKenzie here and that’s enough to make this cover work. For once in these design-timid days, “rebel” actually means something with someone like her and this cover. (Even if Liz if one of the weakest and most unimaginative photographers working today. And it’s doubtful the story will be decent since Liz and the lessers these days can’t sustain even a single story from beginning to end, let alone an entire issue.)

UK Elle September 2020

A Supermodel's Journey

Photographer: Liz Johnson-Artur
Stylist: Beth Fenton
Hair: Ali Pirzadeh
Makeup: Celia Burton
Cast: Adwoa Aboah

UK Elle Digital Edition

UK Elle September 2020

New Beginnings

Photographer: Claire Shilland
Stylist: Beth Fenton
Hair: Nao Kawakami
Makeup: Naoko Scintu
Cast: Sonoya, Mariya and Miya Mizuno, Amaya Mizuno-André

UK Elle Digital Edition

Flicking through this online, there were a few interesting articles - short first-person accounts of life - but the "rebel style" fashion just seems to be hideous and scruffy.

It's the same type of language used when someone who habitually dodges responsibilities is described as a "free spirit" ...the words are just a form of packaging for what's really nothing more than a low-effort product.

There’s something very « Not ELLE » about this cover. The layout is kinda Vogue-ish...Old VP or even Alexandra’s UK Vogue. That shot itself looks like some of the candids Testino did at parties...

Change the name of the magazine and edit slightly the picture and I would believe it’s Vogue. It could have been part of the « « Smile« thing Testino did for VI a few years ago.

They literally went from this level of September cover...
746799-800w.jpg

...to this level of September cover:
1ee8d9f4-5b68-45f4-8aa8-ec3a7127286e-jpg.1153204

Photos: elleuk.com

I have to laugh.

That Cara’s cover is tragic! I take Assia anytime!

There’s something very « Not ELLE » about this cover. The layout is kinda Vogue-ish...Old VP or even Alexandra’s UK Vogue. That shot itself looks like some of the candids Testino did at parties...

Change the name of the magazine and edit slightly the picture and I would believe it’s Vogue. It could have been part of the « « Smile« thing Testino did for VI a few years ago.

That Cara’s cover is tragic! I take Assia anytime!
Adwoa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->