UK Harper’s Bazaar April 2024 : Léa Seydoux by Alexi Lubomirski

8eight

Reaction score
Not the best. Source: Dailymail.com

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 05.44.15.png

Love the big smile. But the squinty eyes not so much.

I dont hate it lol
Neither do I. And I don't hate her, I even liked some of the movies she's been featured in and think she photographs pretty well compared to some (many?) other actresses/actors. But that headline was pretty unnecessary, almost gross. I mean, she is a legit actress as far as my eyes are involved, and a legit cover-"topic" (hard word to talk about a human being but it's how it works even if it shouldn't, right?). I guess some magazines are just careless when it comes to their way to choose the words they put on their covers. They should rather be careless instead. Fresh air wouldn't be an unnecessary luxury, while wouldn't kill the single idea of luxury portrayed as their cover. Hope the editorials inside are good enough, including one with Léa!

Not a fan of this supposedly "spring" cover, not impressed by the editorial images that are shown online, and not looking forward to seeing an overload of Vuitton in my subscription copy.

Not a fan of this supposedly "spring" cover, not impressed by the editorial images that are shown online, and not looking forward to seeing an overload of Vuitton in my subscription copy.
It sounds like you're killing my one-minute interest in seeing more of this issue! Last part of your post being the most worrying (though expected) part.

The good thing about UK Bazaar is that it doesn't tend to deviate too far from its usual formula, so even if the cover story is as lacklustre as an actual Vuitton campaign, there should be enough beauty elsewhere on its pages to be worth a look, if perhaps not a purchase.

The good thing about UK Bazaar is that it doesn't tend to deviate too far from its usual formula, so even if the cover story is as lacklustre as an actual Vuitton campaign, there should be enough beauty elsewhere on its pages to be worth a look, if perhaps not a purchase.
Yes... Sometimes it feels like a good thing when those mags don't deviate from their core identities... And still include one (or hopefully many more) editorials worth the visual trip inside. Loved the days UK Bazaar was still easy to get (un-liking my english skills, right now, not sure I'm expressing myself so right) my hands on here. Long gone are those. Miss them deeply (even if I hate to get caught being glued alive in that honeytrap called nostalgia). Will most likely indulge (my almost-weekly sin) with another french Elle or share an issue of our local Harper's Bazaar with @mariemaud (phone call planned) but the excitement as of twenty years ago have faded a little. Is it me getting too old(er), the magazine business too lame or a quirky mix of both? Don't know and don't even want to. Getting what thrills me, when it actually happens. Rare delights for someone like me still getting excited by talented new faces. Contradictional treats might be something for someone getting older while not being able to leave aside her younger self's side and perks and, "untomorrowable" dreams.

LÉA SEYDOUX
Photography:
Alexi Lubomirski
Styling: Tania Rat Patron
Hair: Diego Da Silva
Make-up: Sandrine Cano
Model/Celebrity: Léa Seydoux

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

WHITE MAGIC
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Declan Sheils
Make-up: Kim Brown
Model: Carolina Burgin

Last edited:
ANYTHING GOES
Photography:
Boo George
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Declan Sheils
Make-up: Sunao Takahashi
Model: Nour Rizk

LIFE IN MONO
Photography:
Erik Madigan Heck
Styling: Leith Clark
Hair: Bjorn Krischker
Make-up: Kim Brown
Model: Camille Hurel

Haven't received my print subscripion yet, the digital edition is showing 214 pages.

Nearly everything throughout the issue is shot in a low-key beautiful way, although while I love Madigan Heck's landscape shoots, I'm not always so fond of his studio work.

Quite like the outcome. Like all editorials. No sort of milestones but well, I'm feeling still able to enjoy those kinds of photographs. Perfectly glad to see Carolina Burgin featured in an editorial again. But as @tigerrouge just wrote it, the Madigan Heck would have looked better outside of his studio.

Love "White Magic" fashion editorial lensed by Pospieszynska. Looks like a lovely day in the field.

Not too struck on the cover, which is unfortunate because I do adore Léa Seydoux and would've bought this. Always like the sight of a warm, inviting and energetic smile on magazine covers but the squinty eyes ruins the cover completely. The shot of Léa wearing the striped shirt, or the leather bustier would've made TERRIFIC covers!

When I received my print subscription copy earlier in the week, it came with a folded cover sleeve around it for Van Cleef & Arpels, which was just a spring-themed doodle of flowers/gardens, but it was so much lighter and brighter than the actual cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->