UK Harpers Bazaar July 2009 : Uma Thurman by Alexi Lubomirski

^Uma is wearing Fendi on the cover.

The cover is not bad, but i simply do not get UK Bazaar's obsession with American movie stars, how is Uma Thurman more relevant (in sale figures) than a fantastic model like Daria to the UK readers?Ridiculous!

Thanks for the scan and review Vogue. :flower:

Uma is an international movie star, everyone and their mom knows her.
Daria on the other hand, is just a model and the average folk with a passing interest in fashion wouldn't care that much about models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uma is an international movie star, everyone and their mom knows her.
Daria on the other hand, is just a model and the average folk with a passing interest in fashion wouldn't care that much about models.
I very much doubt that, i cant remember what was the last movie she was in that was worth the mention let a lone seeing.And i would think that a magazine like Bazaar has a built in readers who would appreciate Daria on the cover(with a model like that its really not hard to attract buyers or make an appealing cover that will sell.), so i still stand by my initial opinion.But i guess you are right about people with passing interest in fashion who will end up picking this issue because of Uma, or they just might get Heat magazine in the end.:innocent:

For me there is plenty of fantastic British actresses who can sell and make more sense than Uma, Kate Hudson, Liv Tyler and every other American starlet that UK HB is heavily putting on their cover.:doh:

I hear from an eBay seller that Yasmin Le Bon is in this issue, but he or she doesn't say how. Can anyone give some information?

^I don't see Yasmin anywhere. Cato Van Ee is in the beauty section for anyone that is interested.

Uma is incredible! That cover is absolutely perfect for summer :heart:

^For mikel :flower:

[PREVIEWS]

Bazaar Beauty

Model: Cato Van Ee
Photographer: Jem Mitchell

IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg

[photos taken by vogue28]

Yasmin only has one page, a feature about her summer fashion essentials. She looks lovely in her photo though, and Carolyn Murphy also has a page.

[PREVIEWS]

Yasmin Le Bon & Carolyn Murphy

IMG_0280.jpg

[photo taken by vogue28]

^ Oh, cool, thanks!

I'd give you karma, but I must spread it around first.

I very much doubt that, i cant remember what was the last movie she was in that was worth the mention let a lone seeing.And i would think that a magazine like Bazaar has a built in readers who would appreciate Daria on the cover(with a model like that its really not hard to attract buyers or make an appealing cover that will sell.), so i still stand by my initial opinion.But i guess you are right about people with passing interest in fashion who will end up picking this issue because of Uma, or they just might get Heat magazine in the end.:innocent:

For me there is plenty of fantastic British actresses who can sell and make more sense than Uma, Kate Hudson, Liv Tyler and every other American starlet that UK HB is heavily putting on their cover.:doh:

Isn't Daria signed to Vogue internationally? Some models can't do both Vogue and Bazaar annoyingly. Also, Uma moving to London to be with Arki, so maybe that makes her a bit more relevant. Although I agree with you, hope to see some more great models on their covers soon!

Gorgeous cover :heart:...I'm warming up to her Givenchy perfume ads :woot:

The idea that Daria would be a bigger draw than Uma, regardless of how well her movies perform in the theater, is just preposterous imo.

That is one stunning cover. I don't think there would be so much bemoaning about celebrity cover if they all were done that right.

Also, in term of content and editorials, UK HB has been outclassing UK Vogue, in my view.
I will be buying that issue.

I got my subscription copy this morning, and its a shockingly thin issue, but full of impossibly glossy beauties, from start to finish.

^Oh no! How thin?
The one thing that will probably keep me from bying it.

154 pages - summer issues are always thin, but to me, it feels more insubstantial than the equivalent issues of UK Elle and Vogue.

However, it may come with a free gift on the newsstand - many publications are currently doing that for their July issues, to add value to the purchase, it seems they all reckon this is the 'danger month' for the fewest ads, flimsiest content and lowest sales.

The UK HB is still a feast for the eyes.

No free gift unfortunately. There isn't that much text on the cover though so it's almost as beautiful as the subscriber cover :smile:

Could someone comment on or scan their shopping pages too. They're normally so strong. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedevilprobably
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->