UK Vogue April 2009 : Claudia Schiffer by Patrick Demarchelier

My subscription expired with the March issue... and I've flicked through this April issue a few times, but nothing inside made me feel this is a must-buy. I'd probably buy it if I saw it in a second-hand shop, but I can't imagine spending nearly £4 for a retro cover of Claudia and yet more Karlie Kloss.

I don't mind the cover shot, it's sparkly and inoffensive, with general appeal. But the supermodel glamour ends there, because the feature inside is too short to satisfy.

If it's going to be a stream of sellable/celebrity covers with equally weak content, I don't think I'll be buying another issue until September's comes around.

What I would like to see in the months ahead - an issue with a superb swimwear shot for the cover (on someone who can fill out a swimsuit) full of tropical promise, or some such fantasy. UK Vogue would interpret a swimwear shot with their own twist on things, with some decorum, some class. Say, by getting Tim Walker to do it, he would come up with something novel for the scenario.

this issue is a disappointment, even Malgosia can't help it

but thx for the scans Northern Star

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying that the obsession with Karlie Kloss has to stop. Is like saying the obsession with Lara Stone has to stop at Vogue Paris.
I really like both Karlie's editorials in this issue. She hasn't been in that many issues :ermm:

nice to see claudia on the cover - it isn't that great, but i like it :smile:

malgosias and anna s. editorials are so great.....so cool to see alisdair in vogue uk!!!

Saying that the obsession with Karlie Kloss has to stop. Is like saying the obsession with Lara Stone has to stop at Vogue Paris.
I really like both Karlie's editorials in this issue. She hasn't been in that many issues :ermm:

I yearn to see stronger models than Karlie in the magazine, to really bring those stories alive. For me, it's a bad combination of 'model and magazine'. In my eyes, Karlie's not the most thrilling model and UK Vogue's editorials aren't that experimental - so when you put the two together, it's not a great result.

If a stronger model was in those editorials, they might work better for me. If Karlie worked for another magazine, I might be admiring those images. But Karlie in UK Vogue... she's nice, but nice isn't enough. It doesn't take long for boredom to set in, when the thrills weren't there from the start.

What I would like to see in the months ahead - an issue with a superb swimwear shot for the cover (on someone who can fill out a swimsuit) full of tropical promise, or some such fantasy. UK Vogue would interpret a swimwear shot with their own twist on things, with some decorum, some class. Say, by getting Tim Walker to do it, he would come up with something novel for the scenario.
Oh, i wanna see too! Some amazing swimweas shots and that stupid snow realize that it is time to go.. :D And please color. And Tim! Or Patrick D. would be fine too. There are some wonderful swimwear eds and Raquel's ed couple summer ago with I&V was so great. Summer!!

[scanned by vogue28]

HQ

Yes, as the cover says...

It's an interview with the new designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->