UK Vogue April 2013 : Edie Campbell by David Sims

Unexpected but i really like it.

It seems New.

I hate that haircut, makes her look like she has side burns

i really don't like this at all! the cropping seems really off and i like the make-up but not really with that hair. who knows !

i know people want models on the covers as do i 98.5% percent of the time but come on uk vogue. last issue cara now edie??:doh: please step it up (not kate) the covers not great i feel like vogue uk is so dated.

This really doesn't look like a cover shot. Yawn.

Love the fact that Sims shot the cover...looks quite different for a cover shot. The whole 60's mod inspiration has been done to death this season, but I am not complaining.

The composition is so off, it looks like it was taken for an editorial rather than specifically for a cover shot. The styling is vibing Penelope Tree here but the hair cut is a no go. Anyone else think it's looks like an international Vogue cover, like Vogue China or something?

Now this is what I call a Vogue cover. There's a lot of apprehension here, but as someone who isn't overtly fond of Edie, this actually makes me really love her. This is a classic Vogue cover, done in a modern way, and it works so so well.

Really must credit Alexandra Shulman on turning out some real 'hits' for 2013 so far! Hopefully she'll keep it up - this just FEELS like a Vogue cover to me.

EDIT: Styled by Joe McKenna

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice change especially for British Vogue, the cover subject fits the mod theme perfectly.

What the hell is that? I can understand being inspired by the 60ies but do we really have to be literally transported to the era... lazy!

Oh boy. The Brits are really desperate to create new British supermodels aren't they. First Cara now Edie. Unfortunately for them, they're working with Cara and Edie.

This cover looks like something that the 'fashion' girls on tumblr would come up with, lol.

If it was the cover of a beauty supplement it would be fine but this is the cover of a fairly big issue. I feel like everyone involved could have done better.
Kudos to Alexandra for not using a single celeb this year though.

Oh boy. The Brits are really desperate to create new British supermodels aren't they. First Cara now Edie. Unfortunately for them, they're working with Cara and Edie.

This cover looks like something that the 'fashion' girls on tumblr would come up with, lol.

LOL!:lol:
Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->