UK Vogue August 2010 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Josh Olins

Great great ed of Karmen Pedaru & Karlie Kloss i love it... but the cover don't convice me..it looks like 2000's cover and freja looks older

a bit boring so far, but hopefully other spreads in this issue are much more.

Freja looks GREAT on that cover, despite of that Miu Miu dress and pink fonts. And her editorial is also amazing. I'm suprised to see her in such a joyful colors.

Sorry for the poor quality, they are all only previews though

Coat Tales
Model: Karolina Kurkova
Fashion Editor: Miranda Almond
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
96043065.png

38365436.png

41386056.png

97356279.png

97302367.png

*Scanned by ChanelCouture09

Freja is someone fresh for the cover, but whether she's playing the rebel or looking a bit like Genevieve Bujold, I've no interest in her many facets because nothing draws me to the raw material of what she looks like. It's great to see her there... but it's not for me. And that continues through the rest of the issue - I like the idea of what I'm seeing more than I like any of the actual shots. If someone had whispered the contents to me, I'd have imagined something fabulous, but there's not much to entice or charm me this month.

What a shock! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read UK Vogue August 2010: freja Beha Erichsen on the message board! Though the cover is a bland disappointment, the fact that we have a model, and model like Freja, on the cover of UK Vogue is enough for me. Love the casting choices for the whole magazine.

hm...well, while I do like Freja's ed...the content seems overly retouched.

Freja's ed is such a letdown, Josh and Lucinda already churned out the same thing for March where they made her wear McQueen but still in this ed there's nothing different; the styling down to the lighting and the whole futuristic appeal, it's exactly the same. even Freja's poses :rolleyes: come on British Vogue. stop the rehash, or atleast add some new flair to it.

Freja's ed does nothing for me, as well as other 2 , they all look boring and unappealing.
But I absolutely love Karolina's editorial, she looks amazing here, last shot is killer. I really hope to see more of her work in future.
UK Elle seemed to love her and did 2 covers in one year, but then...nothing. I love her and she deserves more work than other VS girls do at the moment.
Can't wait to see (read) something about Kate Moss and already can't wait for her September cover. Thanks for all the scans Chanelcouture09.

Freja look's absolutely lovely in the cover (well deserved) and the ed, she just keeps growing as a model :heart:

Karolina's editorial is lovely! Makes me wish for fall.

I was one of those person that never "got" Freja, But she's slowly winning me over, the all androgyny thing was terribly unappealing, but she proved lately that she can do other things and look simply pretty.

I might buy this mag. She looks soft and summery.

really sick of seeing miu miu in every single cover. but Freja looks good, :flower:

Freja's cover of the March 2010 issue of Vogue Italia was amazing. This one, I'm not sure - but totally love the Colour Shock spread. Thank you ChanelCouture09 :wink:

great for freja! :heart: she has the cutest smile... i don't know the reason why for this expression. she looked radiant on her VP cover (she still does).

kendra's ed is so simple but i love it, she is really beautiful.

loved to see kk in the pages of vogue uk again! she is really stunning. love her ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freja's cover of the March 2010 issue of Vogue
Italia was amazing. This one, I'm not sure - but totally love the Colour
Shock spread. Thank you ChanelCouture09 :wink:

Hear, hear :flower:

Freja's cover story is not so much groundbreaking too. The editorials for UK Vogue are really repetitive that I'm a bit pleased of KK's ed.

I've always found Karolina to be extremely expressionless, and here is no exception. I don't like most of her poses either, they look rather amateur. The atmosphere of the shots is great though, somewhat uncanny ; could have mixed that edit up with Anja's L'Hirondelle one, shot by Josh Olins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->