UK Vogue August 2010 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Josh Olins

love the colour palette in freja's ed,lucinda just has a thing for the use of colour.:heart:and those balenciaga shoes are lovely.

For some reason I was expecting the editorials to be like August 2009, with the cities.
I guess Karmen's and Karlie's edit is the strongest. I'm not impressed with the others, including Karolina's.

Yet again with the cover, those colours automatically get a huge sigh. But as usual, I'm positive it'll look better in real.

While I love the cover, I am quite tired of Freja's shaggy-dog hairstyle. It's so unflattering, especially in the editorial.

i have come to notice that whenever karlie is in an editorial with another model, she always has the most shots...she always dominates

^ Oh, me too! And surprisingly enough, I don't mind this at all in this ed with Karmen..she easily outshines her here in every shot they share! Also, glad to see Kendra, she looks beautiful :heart:

I love Freja and I'm so glad she got this cover.
BUT, this is the most boring cover I've ever seen. Very disapponting.

Article wise this is a really poor issue, especially as the last issue was seriously strong on its content.

Editorial's are nice enough, if you don't care for the reading aspect of the magazine though.

Don't know if it's just me here, but it seems the shopping/front of book pages were pretty thin on the ground in this issue also.

Freja looks so damn pretty and fresh on the cover. I love the preview for KK's editorial. Very melancholic. I really like the Karmen/Karlie ed. Very strong, although Karmen does nothing for me. The main ed is quite nice too! I love the styling and the pallid colors. Overall seems like a great issue!

umm... the covers a bit too pink and orange, don't you think? Its a bit much and overwhelming in my opinion.

I love the cover! Freja looks so soft and amazing!

great to see Josh Olins shooting a cover for UK Vogue :heart: :heart:

Yep, that's what happens if you put someone who does not look like an idiot on the cover. "She looks 40", "She looks annoyed" - no she looks like she has a brain and like she's not entirely superficial, through and through...

:ninja:

I have decided I really like this cover...especially the colors.

I'm not so sure I would say she looks like "she has a brain"..she doesn't exactly look "smart" here, if you get what I mean..like self-assured and confident. I do like she's portrayed different from her usual androgynous self, and that her expression seems honest, but I feel like the headline of "fashion coolest girl" and the way she's portrayed in the photograph are conflicting, for me. I think what I'm reacting to, as you are, is that she feels very human..and grounded..and that's what makes the cover beautiful. Looking at it even more, it really doesn't feel like a fashion image, and that's quite refreshing. I don't necessarily love it, though...there's something that's also very middle aged mom about it, as well.

her editorial is ok, it reminds me of an editorial much, much earlier in her career in Harper's Bazaar..when she had long hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure I would say she looks like "she has a brain"..she doesn't exactly look "smart" here, if you get what I mean..like self-assured and confident. I do like she's portrayed different from her usual androgynous self, and that her expression seems honest, but I feel like the headline of "fashion coolest girl" and the way she's portrayed in the photograph are conflicting, for me. I think what I'm reacting to, as you are, is that she feels very human..and grounded..and that's what makes the cover beautiful. Looking at it even more, it really doesn't feel like a fashion image, and that's quite refreshing. I don't necessarily love it, though...there's something that's also very middle aged mom about it, as well.

Oh, well, what I meant by "having a brain" was showing signs of using the portion of the brain that makes us human - that is the part that thinks for itself, has ideas, idiosyncrasies...etc....to look out for yourself and be self-assured, well, that's a property that alligators also display, so that's not distinctly human.

I am very happy about Freja on the cover because there is a depth about her and she is able to make this shine through, despite the candy colored cover, you get the feeling from her face alone that, yes, this girl could have something to say, you might not be able to predict what she is going to say or do.

She is unpredictable, unorthodox, unexpected....interesting. And that is why this is a great cover - the juxtaposition between Freja's persona and the colors of the cover really makes it a classic.

Freja looks gorgeous on the cover
Pederu and Kloss's ed was such a dissapointment
and the the reprint..vogue is giving me some BIG downers lately

Miu Miu is having a lot of covers! First Eva Mendes, then Lily Allen and now Freja!!

I love the 2nd picture in color shock. It brings back the boy in Freja to me. it's the best shoot of the ed i have to say :(

But she looks uncomfortable in the shoots, her facial expression seems to stay the same throughout the ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->