UK Vogue February 2010 : Natalia Vodianova by Nick Knight

Woah, this is just sad at this point, for gods sake when will they sack Shulman!!! She is soo wrong for Vogue, i dont care how long she has been editing it, there is no life, no creativity in the book! No wonder she always says in her interviews how she never liked fashion or Vogue, i mean she even goes as far as saying she does not understand it!!

And it shows, there have been some excellent issues no doubt about it, but thats been a while ago, a long damn while. There is nothing that attracts or appeals to me about UK Vogue, its so stale!

And this cover is a disgrace, as someone who has watched the whole photoshoot, and making of several test covers (there was 5 if i remember correctly), i can not comprehend how on earth did they end up using this one. She looks sick, the collarbone and neck veins from that angle are awful, and its the first thing you notice, then you have a beautiful colour that totally does not work with her dress, her skin colour (grey, seriously!). What a waste of a great model and photographer. Just look at the cover of Elle with Portman, that is how you do soft, and beautiful.........

quite surprised at all the negative comments, i really like this cover!

I don't mind the cover, except for the fact that Natalia looks like a Cullen. I own glue sticks that look less pasty.

No subscriber's seem to have it today, no. I'm sure it would have been scanned if they had.

The cover image is however in the paper this morning.. and it features bright pink text, instead of the white used on the original image posted here. Let's hope it's just the way it's printed out.. or perhaps that it was just an early version of the cover the paper's been sent to feature..

I need to see it in HQ to have a better opinion about this cover because it looks pretty bad so far.

The London-based US singer declared her love for the supermodel’s favourite fellow while posing for fashion bible Vogue.

Mosshart admitted her ‘incredible love’ for Hince and described the guitarist as her would-be husband and confidant. ‘Jamie and I are like a ridiculous married couple,’ she said.
‘He’s the one I tell everything to. Our lives depend on each other.’ She even says she wants us to fantasise about their ‘beautiful’ bond.

Does that include 35-year-old Moss? ‘He’s the closest person to me. It’s the most beautiful thing. And I want people to fantasise about it. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s beautiful.’

The 31-year-old said she ‘couldn’t get over’ Hince, 40, when they first met over a decade ago and revealed she became ‘fascinated’ by him and stalked him for attention. But in a bid to counter ‘ridiculous’ rumours about b*tch-fighting between her and Moss, the singer said she counted the supermodel ‘as a friend’.

That might change when Moss reads the full interview in February’s Vogue, on sale Thursday.

metro.co.uk

If you look, the text is actually different as well isn't it? The "new season preview" bit isn't on the original image...?

Mmm so much different with the 1st one. Although still...

That huge 10 isn't on the image in the first post either. It's kinda distracting, which was clearly UK Vogue's intentions.
For some reason I actually don't mind the cover just posted. They just seriously need to get over this shade of pink.

I got mine today and instantly thought what is up with the cover. It looked like they forgot to put a background or just something in. Inside not much better pretty much flicked through it in about 5 minutes.

Woah, this is just sad at this point, for gods sake when will they sack Shulman!!! She is soo wrong for Vogue, i dont care how long she has been editing it, there is no life, no creativity in the book! No wonder she always says in her interviews how she never liked fashion or Vogue, i mean she even goes as far as saying she does not understand it!!

And it shows, there have been some excellent issues no doubt about it, but thats been a while ago, a long damn while. There is nothing that attracts or appeals to me about UK Vogue, its so stale!

Well said! It's just pathetic at this point, it really is. Vogue UK is (allegedly) one of the most influential Vogue's, and I don't see how. It has no signature look or mood unlike Vogue Italia & Paris, even Vogue US has one. It's depressing that someone like Shulman, who doesn't even have interest in fashion runs this magazine.
It's so lack lustre, and it could be amazing - the amount of British fashion talent there is both past and present, and Vogue UK should represent that. It doesn't represent anything about British fashion, it's truly irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->