UK Vogue February 2021 : Dua Lipa by Emma Summerton

I never got Emma Summerton, she's like a C-rated photographer for me, she has no distinct style at all and I have never seen a good photograph taken by her, everything is so subpar, she only gets by through her team of retouchers. You have Nick, Steven, Jamie, M&M, and you take one of the most beautiful faces in the industry and produce this?

She does actually, you need to look at her work for Australian Vogue to get an idea of her identity because a lot of her charm relies on location and scenery. But everything for American and British magazines is duds.
The type of portrait/studio photography we see on the cover is not her forte at all. The onus is actually on Vogue to either get M&M or similar to shoot this studio concept if they're so hellbent on it, or give Emma more creative freedom to do a location cover. That may be part of the reason why I dislike it so much.

boring and depressing imo... don´t we deserve something nice?

Must be looking at a different cover because I find this all completely inoffensive on the eye, and think it's rather gorgeous. Despite the questionable blonde wig, I love how monochromatic the cover feels, the cut and texture of the Giorgio Armani and the subtle sexiness the cover image is projecting.

Uhm, so this is the new 'Masterclass' series we should look forward to from British Vogue? Dua Lipa reading off a script and dishing out TikTok dance moves? Nice!

Also, the video is as hilarious as heart disease.

I like the cover and the second shot. To echo what someone else said I like to see actresses and other popular figures take on a look or character different from their image. Now I'm not getting the Linda reference and they have to be trolling us with the dancing. If anything, she's been mocked for her awkward dance moves.

I don’t find the video particularly funny, but it’s very clearly sarcasm, Dula Peep is making fun of herself. It actually made me like her a *bit* more.

I will never understand her appeal, and she's really not that pretty imo.
That cover is just so awful, and she looks nothing like Linda Evangelista.
Dead in the face, wearing a blonde wig is not inviting.

I’m sorry but how the left hand isn’t entirely visible makes her appear as if she’s masturbating :lol:

What in the Carey Mulligan is this? I’m so tired of Edward’s Vogue, at this point. Nothing about it screams #NewVogue; nothing about it ever has - it’s the same old formula as before with Edward & Friends™️. Kate and Dua we’ve both seen covers of before...... and neither were standouts. I’ve been dying to actually see something *new* from British Vogue that we haven’t seen before, and seem to only be getting recycled stories, month after month after month. It’s so boring.

The video is a funny knockoff of her self-titled era, back when she had ZERO stage presence (@jorgepalomo thank you for reminding me of that god-awful performance) and her music wasn’t as authentic in sound as Future Nostalgia makes it out to be. She’s improved a lot as an artist in the past year or two, and it’s nice to see her acknowledge it in a mockingly manner. It’s weird to see the video seemingly cater to a younger, more teenage audience and the story itself seemingly cater to young adult & adult readers, but I guess that’s usually the case with Vogue.

Last edited:
Dua Lipa is naturally quite stunning and they decided to make her look like this? Just terrible.

I hate when they put celebs and models in unnecessary wigs. Otherwise would've been a great cover.

In the words of Ginger Minj: 'I love u Justin Bieber!'

I like everything apart from the wig, what the hell were they thinking??

the whole composition is very Edward and he should stick to that IMO.

I will never understand her appeal, and she's really not that pretty imo.

She is a popstar, why should she be "pretty"?? These comments, and I see them everywhere on here, are just so mean and strange to me. What is even the point about trying to bring someone down online? (and ofcourse everyone has personal opinions, but wow, Dua is a gorgeous woman).

I am not the biggest fan of the cover, sadly, the wig is not my favourite but still happy to see her. If there is one person who deserved the cover this month, it's her. 2020 really has been Dua's year.

I think it’s passable simply for the reason that it reminds me of Isabella Rossellini in Wild at Heart, well if they wanted to make her look devoid of a sense of humour:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->