UK Vogue January 2024 by Charlotte Wales

Cover #2 of 3 with Tolu Coker, Priya Ahluwalia & Torishéju Dumi by Charlotte Wales:

I like Emma´s cover concept and color palette but imo the subject and execution just didn´t get there.

really like Amber Valletta cover, only dont understand with her hair, for what ;___;

Love both Watson's and Valletta's cover photographs and color palettes. I might purchase the Valletta cover.

Lovely cover for Emma, and what a treat to see Amber! I’m torn between which one I’d prefer to get. It’s a shame the designer cover is so boring; a group shot should be more dynamic but this one is quite static.

I’m not really a fan of multi-covers at the best of times, but especially not one month after the other. It comes across like the magazine doesn’t have faith in what they’re offering when they do it too often. Make a choice and stand behind it; you’re supposed to be the authority! I’m sure the tactic works for moving a few more copies though, so there you have it. Once upon a time I might’ve fallen for it and bought two, but there’s so little on offer inside these days that there’s not much point in doing so.

The layout really annoys me - fonts are so small and there's no contrast. Where's accessibility? Emma's shot is the best for me, it should've been enough.

Amber’s cover!!! I’m in love with the colors and she looks gorgeous, but that one strand of hair is annoying me.

Lovely covers with Amber and Emma, but come on now. There'll be plenty of time for covers of this caliber once Edward is gone. All those months wasted on terrible covers by subpar photographers... what a pity. If March isn't entirely shot by Steven Meisel, I don't even want to see it.

From what I've read before, a fashion magazine's typical definition of sustainability is - if a garment costs £1,000 rather than £10, you're somehow doing the world a favour when you buy it. It's a place where "fast fashion" is a codeword for poor people, without making it seem that you're being snobby. No, it's because you care.

When you're seduced by the imagery within the magazine, you're happy to play along with it, but when the content is mediocre, all you can see is the hypocrisy.

I'm being cynical before I even see the issue.

In my opinion, the covers of Emma and Amber are beautiful and look as if they were made by Alexandra Schulmann. We had similar covers during her reign and I think we all miss portraits like that here.

From what I've read before, a fashion magazine's typical definition of sustainability is - if a garment costs £1,000 rather than £10, you're somehow doing the world a favour when you buy it. It's a place where "fast fashion" is a codeword for poor people, without making it seem that you're being snobby. No, it's because you care.

When you're seduced by the imagery within the magazine, you're happy to play along with it, but when the content is mediocre, all you can see is the hypocrisy.

I'm being cynical before I even see the issue.

I wonder if Emma is still in a relationship with that scion of fast-fashion fortune, Brandon Green. I like her, but the audacity of some of these people to be lecturing others...

The layout really annoys me - fonts are so small and there's no contrast. Where's accessibility? Emma's shot is the best for me, it should've been enough.
I agree that the side fonts are too small. If the side text is that small, why even include it?

Cover 1 : Emma's cover is ok-ish, the hair is a BIG MESS.
Cover 2 : I don't know who these women are but it's not pretty.
Cover : If they wanted to try to do a Lauren Hutton cover, wouldn't be better to have her instead? Amber doesn't look good here, just mediocre.

Conclusion : boring covers.
NEXT !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->