UK Vogue June 2023 : Miley Cyrus by Steven Meisel

… also a liiiiiittle tired of grey backgrounds every single month lol

^I'm afraid b&w one is digital as Chalamet second cover months ago, but I can be wrong as well.

I like Miley, but this isn't great and this Meisel edit looks like so many things he has done before.

Nor excusing his sh*tty work jest because it's by Meisel. Change the name to Sgura or M&M and people won't be this kind.

I'd still like it, in fact I liked Sgura's work when it was consistently thrashed on here.
This pose and composition are classic fashion magazine cover 101, and that's why I like it.

She is quite tacky and not in a fun way for me. I think the close-ups on her face are really beautiful thought.

‘I wonder if there’s a kind of agenda from Edward and Meisel to follow the same path for those portraits.

Everytime I see those portraits and also the randomness of the subjects, I think about a potential exhibition or a book.

Their work for W magazine and UK Vogue are slightly different but if there’s a focus on those close-ups, often in B&W and on the subjects, there’s quite an impressive line-up from Jane Fonda to Adele.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a book based on portraits out of this collaboration.

I would love to see Tracee Ellis Ross and her mother by Meisel. For more randomness, why not Dolly Parton by Meisel…Even Beyonce. At least she would have to let herself go for the legend.

Her face looks AI generated with all that photoshop. The cover has her looking as if her eyes are completely sunken in with next to no jawline.

The close up is great. Still doesn’t make up for a pretty lacklustre edit in the end.

Great to see Meisel again. And quite a surprise to see him photographing Miley. But the overall result is rather ‘meh’. Only the profile shot is good.

I want to love it but…
I think i buy it if its 2 pounds on CNWWN

Btw i love Miley! Im with her since i was 10

As an admittedly biased superfan, I can only echo all the positive sentiments already stated here. Having Meisel doing editorial work is always going to be a win for me, and this is one of his better works for British Vogue in my opinion. The colored outfit is an instant favorite and I can't wait to get my hands on it! The outfit is fabulous and Miley looks fantastic. But the real highlight here are the two close-up portraits! Timeless and classic Steven Meisel, those might easily be the best images I've ever seen of Miley Cyrus. Very excited about this. I can only hope we get to see more Meisel this year!

More of Miley Cyrus by Steven Meisel:

So they had two-day shooting only for 6 images?...i don;t like the level of post-production the color images...everything is "too" perfect.....honestly she doesn't need that amount of retouch...i like her..her tackiness is part of her charm so i prefer not to judge that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->