UK Vogue November 2010 : Lara Stone by Alasdair McLellan

I actually really like this issue. Even if it's a little outdated in parts, I think I prefer it to the Cheryl Cole or Cameron Diaz issues.
Alasdair McLellan's editorials are always beautiful and Dree Hemingway's article was interesting.
I just half wish that they'd chosen any other photographer than Terry Richardson to capture Marc Jacobs.

Oh, I thought Terry Richardson was like a breath of fresh air for UK Vogue. Even if I dislike Marc and thought the photos were nothing special.
I can't remember the last time I saw a great UK Vogue cover. It's even more gorgeous on the stands. Lara's article is a good read too.

That's all I've got to say about the issue. I feel it lacks editorial content. If it wasn't for the double-page shot of Raquel, I'd feel deeply disappointed.

'Quiet and delightful' was how I felt about this issue, the fashion content is like a soft wool scarf on a slightly cold day, nothing impressive, just nice and calm.

I really like the cover, it gives Lara the chance to simply pose like a traditional top model, without resorting to any of the usual clichés or bondage accessories that we get in her shoots. That's a face that would look better with eyebrows, but you can't have everything.

that was a cute video, thanks :smile: I also finally got around to reading the interview, and I loved the part about her watching ANTM and being good at smiezing lol

FINALLY ! This is the first time I really enjoy seeing Lara's beauty and it's a huge step personally because I was wondering why she was that appreciated, finally a good cover of her and I do enjoy her editorial, hate Stam's though. And finally a British Vogue issue that I might like to buy perhaps

Raquel and Jessicas eds look interesting.
I'm on the fence with Laras...some of the pictures are beautiful but others just don't do it for me...
The cover is too meh, it doesn't appeal me.-

I love all the main eds ( Stam, Dree and Lara's). I think i'm going to buy this issue, it looks like a good one.

More Dash than Cash Preview
Model: Caroline Brasch Nielsen
161d.jpg
157qe.jpg

elite model

she really does look good and even though I don't really like Lara she looks great :smile:

There are many shots that could just blow it up as pictures for the editorial in that video!,
those one they used in the magazine were very horrible, she almost look like she had a crazy drunken night and woke up in Brighton shore,,,,not inspiring! not the pair's(Lara and Alasdair) best work!! I have to say! but the concept of "Fall Brighton" is classic and nice just ashame, it didnt work out as good as it can be!

I loved this issue! The cover is amazing (I even did an illustration of it) and so are the editorials!

My Own Private Idaho
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Model: Dree Hemingway

...continued below...

scans by rox_yr_sox

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back