Pink writes a letter to Queen Elizabeth

style_savy

Reaction score
May 21, 2006 -- A BEAR is stalking Queen Elizabeth, courtesy of Pink and PETA. Days before her performance at yesterday's Prince's Trust event in London, which the queen was set to attend, the feisty singer fired off a letter to Her Majesty urging Her Royal Highness to replace the palace guards' bearskin hats with faux fur. In addition, a protester in a bear costume has spent the last few months following around the queen and Prince Charles, begging them to "save my skin."

page6
pinkisthenewblog.com

Oh please. Usually I do care about animals but when some annoying little popstar tries to act like she's big stuff ("I'm sure the Queen of England will do what I say because I've been on MTV and I know what I'm doing") it pisses the heck out of me.

I hope the Queen doesn't give a rat's as$ about what some popstar says. Oooo, I hope she says (ever so politely, of course) that Pink can kiss her butt :D

ha ha ha ha it's funny but she went a little too far

I think she should focus more on people who walk around with fur bags or use mink as bathroom rugs *cough* *cough* musicians.

Hmm..I dont even like Pink, but dont see anything wrong with what she did, good for her. I doubt the Queen will listen though..

The Queen of England is probably just going to think, that Pink has gone crazy. :D

I hoped she enclosed an addendum asking the Queen to mandate everyone to practice loving-kindness to each other, too.

Although I did notice the sun was shining today--thank you, your Highness, and thank you, Pink.

i'm not a Pink fan at all, but i have to give her credit for standing up for what she believes in.

First stars get bashed for not taking a stand on issues - when they have the media at their disposal. Then they get hated on when they do.

At least it's something-and who knows what can come out of a silly letter? It's a start at least. At least it's something!

I say good for Pink.

It's so easy to be complacent. Pink has been sending out a good message lately.

I'm so over Pink and her way of trashing other people. This just adds to it. It's great that she wants to make a change but by making fun of other people and giving herself such great importance she is going about it the wrong way.

Wrong person to be writing to really.....not even the Queen would be able to do anything about the bear hats.....

I love Pink and what's she's trying to do. But this, like her song "Stupid Girls," makes me think the way she sends her message out feels contrived and unfulfilling.

To all those people who were like its only pink, calling her stupid etc.

well i dont think pink did it so just her personally would amke a difference i think she did it as some one in the public eye .. some one people know off etc. so if she does this then hopefully others will follow in the campain and it will also draw attention to it. I mean if it was a normal person there wouldnt be a thread on it on tfs .. so thats already bringing more publicity in. I mean i know I persoanlly nieve and stupid as it sounds never really throt about what the hats were made of now i know its fur i guess my opinion has altered slightly. :flower:

^ I'm not a Brit, so I know I don't really understand these things ... but aren't those guys the palace guards? *Can't* Queenie do something?? :huh:

fashionista-ta said:
^ I'm not a Brit, so I know I don't really understand these things ... but aren't those guys the palace guards? *Can't* Queenie do something?? :huh:

I think she COULD, if she felt strongly about it.

However - replacing ALL the palace guards' hats will cost money. Where does the royal family get money? I'm not positive, but I believe it's through Parliament, which means its the people of Britain who end up paying for it (taxes?).

If I were the Queen, I'd write back, "You know, that's a great idea but I don't want to use the taxpayers' money on replacing perfectly useful hats. If you'll finance the replacements, I'll be happy to do it. It shouldn't be much trouble for you - after all, you're wealthy and you feel so strongly about this cause..."

If I were the Queen, I'd write back, "You know, that's a great idea but I don't want to use the taxpayers' money on replacing perfectly useful hats. If you'll finance the replacements, I'll be happy to do it. It shouldn't be much trouble for you - after all, you're wealthy and you feel so strongly about this cause..."

Good point! :flower:

If Pink cares that deeply about animal fur then she should replace the hats instead of wasting taxpayers money. Like you said, she can certainly afford it.

That is a good point however I support her because she is standing up for a cause that she believes in and she has a history with the royal family. She refused to perform at the birthday party of one of the princes because he goes hunting on a regular basis and sent him a letter describing why she, ethically, could not perform.

As trivial as it sounds, it is actually a matter of the MOD (Ministry of Defense).. they are called the Queens' Guards but actually, they are kind of like policemen of a different regiment. They don't actually work for the Queen per se.

So she wouldn't really be able to do anything even if she wanted to.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Pink just bought a place near my aunt's .. twas just enough that she got married here .. now she wants to live in the french quarter ... Argh!

I don't know why, but I find it hilarious just thinking about this person in a bear costume following the Queen around everywhere she goes. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->