UK Vogue October 2010 : Cheryl Cole by Patrick Demarchelier

Vanessa12

Reaction score
kruqa.jpg

2mcc0tk.jpg

metro.co.uk

*yawn* for gods sake VOGUE IS A FASHION Institution which should reflect FASHION not mildly relevant tabloid fodder like Cheryl TWEEDY. I am ashamed of Alexandra Shulman i understand one cover by pairing Cheryl Cole with Patrick is like pairing Kerry Katona and Steven Meisel. This is just atrocious and i believe it is taking away the credibility in favour of sales. Noami has'nt had a cover in about 8 years and she is a pionering force in modern day fashion (with 25 years within this industry). British Vogue is, i'm afraid, insular, prejudice, and sterile, atleast US Vogue keeps within the zeitgeist with appopriate role models and Cheryl Cole, to me, will never be Vogue. She just isnt.

uh
who is cheryl cole?
the cover looks like someone threw up three different kinds of ice cream...

The more I read about her, the more I like. I'm rooting for her to cross over to America, I find her interesting...

It's very... colourful. It's like a smorgasbord of every neon shade that UK Vogue has ever used on a cover.

Those flowers look like they've come from a petrol station forecourt, could they not have given her something nice to clutch to her heart?

I Hate the cover she look stupid and the color is for summer

She looks like she's doing the "I have to go to the bathroom" dance in that 2nd pic.

Hmm.. I'm not impressed with this. The February 2009 cover was a lot stronger. Plus I'm not a fan of the amateur font.
I don't even see Cheryl Cole here, I see more of a Rachel Stevens. Everything is to delicate here.

I don;t like how it looks like a spring cover when we all know Oct. in the UK is not Spring.

she looks good. Don't normally care for these types of brit celebs.. but I like her for some reason lol

I don't really like the cover, weird colour combination plus weird expression equals weird cover

There are so many things wrong with the cover. First, she looks like a child. Second, the color and the flowers reflect summer more than they do autumn. Third, the text makes me want to vomit. It reminds me of Harper's Bazaar font, like they just took a marker and drew all over the cover. BUT, I love Cheryl and am glad she got another Vogue cover, even if it does nothing to enhance her beauty.

Another cover I'll probably not notice on the newsstands. And the Lolita image SERIOUSLY does not suit her at all. I guess they wanted to change her image, which is a good intention in itself, but it is executed so poorly. They call this pure style too, huh.

Her face looks very lovely and that is what is selling me on the cover. The flowers are a contrivance, much like the dog on September's VI and I am scratching my head over the spring time theme in October.

eww, Vogue UK just can't get enough of those pink and orange colors, can it?:doh::yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->