UK Vogue October 2010 : Cheryl Cole by Patrick Demarchelier

YAY! I see Lily and Ranya in the ed previews i cant wait to see them

I HATE the cover so much. But I love Lily and Karlie's preview. I would buy this issue solely for Karlie, but that cover is just way too hideous.

Horrible cover.:sick:

It's a shame Vogue,with a A-list photographer like Patrick Demarchelier,could do much more better than this crap.Look at this Sunday Times Style cover(I only know it was styled by Lucy Ewing),she looks quite good,almost like a model....

image source:LGA agency official site

Attachments

• Lucy Ewing LGA agency.jpg
    Lucy Ewing LGA agency.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish people would stop hating on Cheryl for things that happened years and years ago, especially when nobody really knows what really happened. Or some people on here where with her there at the same time, but I seriously doubt that.
Nobody knows her personally, but I've been following her for years. Seen so many interviews with her and she always comes across as a sweet girl. And everyone who has ever worked with her always says the same.

Talking about the cover, it is really bad! Can't believe what they have done to Cheryl. I was so excited when I heard she was going to be on the cover but this is very disappointing. I've seen Heat and Grazia doing better Cheryl covers with candid pictures than this.

I can't stand this woman and the cover is terrible, but I'll stop there as everything I would like to say has probably already been said by others in thread.

On a side note, I see this issue features the lovely Rebecca Hall. What a graceful, dignified and beautiful cover star she would have made. Well, I can dream...

i don't hate on her personally just don't think she is fashionable. at all. :lol:

I like the cover but it looks very springy... not good choice for october... but I think that the main point is "the return of 60s glamour" - the cover looks very 60s but the background color is bad for october

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the cover. I don't have anything against Cheryl, she's a nice girl, but too commercial!! But at least the editorials are promising.

Why oh why is David Sims coming back to UK Vogue? Love him but I could never in the world buy a magazine with such a horrendous pinky cover adorned with plastic flowers!!!!

Now that Stefano Tonchi is no longer using Sims for W, he could switch to Interview magazine instead...

Not even Lily can save this issue for me, but i'm very pleased to see her back in UK Vogue. :woot:

The only issue of UK Vogue that I haven't purchased in the past 7 or so years was Cheryls last cover. This will be the second issue I won't buy. I find her insufferable and having her on the cover again only damages what little credibility that Shulman/UK Vogue have left.

I really don't think, judging from the previews, that this is a good issue. It seems there's something missing.

Just had a flick through the issue, Karlie's and Lily's eds are really great! And the other ed is Ieselin, not Raquel.

she seems relatively popular in the UK so I guess she does sell a cover

The Tim Walker ed seems like the only interesting about the issue. That shot of Karlie is fantastic, it really shows what a talented model she is. I don't really care that much about Cheryl being on the cover probably because I don't have very high hopes or standards for British Vogue. Sure she's talentless, can't sing, over uses the words "intriguing" and "thoroughly" and is a former chav but she's pretty and famous, which I suppose is good enough.

More Dash Than Cash
Ph: Karim Sadli
Styling: Emma Elwick-Bates & Gillian Wilkins
Model: Melissa Tammerijn

Russian Dolls (Amazing shot of Karlie in the McQueen gold feather dress!)
Ph: Tim Walker
Styling: Kate Phelan
Model: Karlie Kloss

Quiet Storm
Ph: David Sims
Styling: Joe McKenna
Model: Iselin Steiro

The Long And Short Of It
Ph: Paul Wetherell
Styling: Miranda Almond
Model: Lily Donaldson

Survivor
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier
Styling: Lucinda Chambers
Model: Cheryl Cole

The Dreamer
Ph: Laura Sciacovelli
Styling: Charlotte Stockdale
Model: Anna Jagodzinska

Hall Of Fame
Ph: Daniel Jackson
Styling: Tiina Laakkonen
Model: Rebecca Hall

Style Tribes
Ph: Kai Z Feng
Styling: Kate Phelan
Models: Laura-Mary Carter, Lola Lennox, Shingai Shoniwa, Alex Gardner, Nichola Czyz, Genevieve Garner, Elliot Barnes, Melissa Rigby, Bip Ling, Emily Hope, Lois Pendlebury, Charlie Casely-Hayford, Thea Stratton, Akiko Matsuura, Edie Campbell, Huw Web, Imogen Newton, & Nina Porter

I'm a SICK of this chav who got lucky, what is she doing on the cover of Vogue Uk?

I'm really looking forward to the David Sim's editorial, so glad to see some different photographers and stylists featured in Vogue UK, there's been very little variation really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->