UK Vogue vs US Vogue

Lorna

Reaction score
Since it seems US Vogue is so awful these days, does anyone have an opinion on UK Vogue? Discuss!

UK Vogue has more artistic photos...I don't skim through it like I would with US Vogue, I actually look at the photos.

the SEPT UK vogue had an amazing array of top models & edits

as I recall incl LOUISE; adina; mariacarla; tiiu; << more Ill hv 2 look

cover story w/ nati V

all 4 named above are needed in US vogue ...how long will we wait for louise, ksenia and tiiu in US??

help!!!

neither!!! [ although uk is better]
vogue italia & vogue paris are more my speed :heart:

i'm subscribed to the UK Vogue, & i :heart: it!!!
the US vogue seems to be overflowing with commercials & ADs, most of the products they choose for a review are less "vogue" than the UK one -- i simply enjoy the selection of reviewed products, shopping items, & even articles in the UK vogue... i literally hoover it cover to cover ^_^

I'm glad you brought this up, Lorna :smile: as a fan of UK mags i gotta say that everyhing in UK VOGUE is done better IMO. Photos are more interesting & experimental; content is richer; party pages show different, hipper people (not just Erin Lauder & Marina Rust time after time); sexier adverts from all over the world; variety of awesome models; style sections which are useful, instead of PR BS; interesting inerviews & READABLE articles...
as you can see i'm pretty frustrated with US vogue, but have a feeling i'm not the only one :lol:
the only bad thing is that UK Vogue is pricey, so i buy it occasionally or try getting it from my conde nast friend :P

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Aug 30th, 2003 - 10:44 pm
Ditto.

I like the ads in Vogue but to me US Vogue is so contrived. It's like they say or promote things because they think these things should be hip or cool not because they like them. And sometimes they write in french for NO APPARENT REASON. for example, it was this article and in the middle of it instead of just saying "everyone" they said "tout de le monde" (sorry if spelled that wrong). I'm like I know what your saying and there is no point! gah! :yuk: :shock:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Aug 31st, 2003 - 7:44 am
i'm a level-2 french speaker, so my language skill doesn't aid comprehending what a french vogue would say, but i remember once i was skimming through a french issue & luved the photos & fashion show shots, i HAD to buy it, even if i didn't get what it said about them :doh:

no contest, UK vogue is far better. UK vogue is a little less commercial and a little more avant garde, imo. US vogue's editorials are incredibly bland and don't push any limits whatsoever. the styling is much better in UK vogue, and generally the reading is better too. and like mehg said, it is very annoying when US vogue breaks into french for no reason, like it makes them more posh or something. :doh:

I prefer vogue italia's editorials to both US and UK vogue, but it costs $8.99 for me to buy it in the US (too much for a magazine), and I can't even find it in scotland, so I only flip through it at the bookstore or see the pictures on the net.

yet, I still read US vogue. :rolleyes:

I buy UK Vogue far more often (it's more available in Sydney than US) and there does seem to be more 'depth' and they don't have as many celebrity covers. I do like US Vogue too, but for different reasons. Sometimes they magazines seem so different from each other though I can hardly believe they're both 'Vogues'!

i believe us vogue is an all rounder fashion magazine that can be enjoyed by all including non fashionistas.I think its better this way whereby you know what to expect @ least each magazine is different in its own way.whats more us vogue presents our celebs in a more fashionable light that most magazines like say fhm!

UK Vogue has become so lackluster these past few years that I have to go for US Vogue. In a way UK Vogue is the poor mans American Vogue unlike, say, the French or Italian editions which offer a unique identity.

Mmmmm... I'd say they are as bad as each other as much as good... Not sure if that makes sense... Probably not... I definitely prefer British Vogue cover choices... VI bores me these days... It is an insanely pretentious edition... And same photographer shooting cover can only provide a limited vision however talented he is... VP is my number 1 followed by Vogue UK!

UK Vogue all the way. I'm giving up US Vogue for good in 2014.

much prefer US vogue, yes it's repetitive but I am soooo tired of cara, edie, tim walker, all of these boring in every single issue

I reckon if we smushed both editions together we'd come out the other end with a pretty strong magazine. They each have good points and each have areas they really lack in. What both, for the most part, fail to really deliver with is truly engaging and fashion-lead cover shots. They both would rather opt for a 'nice' image to sit on newsstands than something that could ever really be considered forward. US Vogue have at least attempted it every now and then - Gaga's first cover was for me one of the most fashion-lead covers either magazine has attempted in a while.

I've come to have a love/hate relationship with British Vogue. They've got all the right elements to make a terrific magazine, use the right models and hire the right photographers (most of the time). I just find their execution to be lacking. Their fonts and layout really do bug the hell outta' me, most issues. The covers are let down dramatically by their text placement and colour schemes.

US Vogue obviously has a totally different market, resorting to different techniques to shift issues, so you have to take that in order when comparing the two. I do think American Vogue is a lot stronger and more influential than UK Vogue. I find Anna's vision to be more prominent, therefore each issue is very.. cohesive and flows from one to another - I like that.

Overall, if I had to choose one, it would be UK Vogue because I've always thought a fashion magazine should be fronted by models and for that reason only, UK Vogue gets my vote. I do understand Anna has a different audience to cater for, though. They're both fantastic magazines in their own right.

Vogue Paris knocks the two outta' the park anyway.. :cool:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->