UK Vogue vs US Vogue

I think they both used to be better. I like UK best though, the photographers they use (eg Tim Walker) are more interesting than Mario Testino shooting celebs for US.
Ten years ago US Vogue was a lot more interesting and better in comparison with Vogue UK, Meisel used to work regularly doing simple, commercial yet beautiful images. Nowadays they have Sims doing the same work month after month...

I reckon if we smushed both editions together we'd come out the other end with a pretty strong magazine. They each have good points and each have areas they really lack in. What both, for the most part, fail to really deliver with is truly engaging and fashion-lead cover shots. They both would rather opt for a 'nice' image to sit on newsstands than something that could ever really be considered forward. US Vogue have at least attempted it every now and then - Gaga's first cover was for me one of the most fashion-lead covers either magazine has attempted in a while.

All of this tbh

Magazines in general seem to have forgotten the art of creating 'moments', it's as if they've lost confidence in their ability to produce content that can really grab your attention.

It's not all about the internet, print still has its place, but so many magazines seem to have given up the fight, and have fallen into repetitive mediocrity, because that's playing it safe with an uncertain future.

British Vogue..It just always suited me more/the most. It's my favourite edition among the big four (2nd place: VP, then American Vogue and finally VI).

i agree about US vogue, its not as good anymore.
i actually read australian vogue, i think its amazing! way more interesting articles to read and the editorials are so good!

US Vogue has basically morphed into British Vogue lately (using most UK models, celebs, heavy on the English themed editorials), so whatever.

I actually have no problems with either UK or US Vogue. I like both of them and buy every issue.

I find the repetitive "French Chic" Black dress, white shirt, blue jeans 'Alt-isms' in French Vogue more tedious and I find Vogue Italia far too pretentious for its own good. People rave about the editorials, but at the end of the day...Vogue is there to sell clothes, and Vogue UK/US Make me want to buy every single thing.

I agree with most of the people who say that they have basically become the same magazine. The only thing different about them is their choices in models, so with that being said, I definitely prefer US Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->