Undercover F/W 0506

Aparently all the skulls and feather cut outs are made form felt, wich I think is great, becuase I love felt.:heart: ^_^

wow, some interesting stuff..can't think of any other word...i like the skulls the most...i wish there were more exploration in that area??
is it just me, or there seems to be a trend in adding fabric details as a relief? it makes me want to see more
00330f.jpg

What I find most amazing about Undercover is how, with his little nuances, he seems to produce clothes that feel as if you've never seen anything like it before. I don't know how that's possible but I'm always, always interested in seeing what he does next. Though a tame follow up to the majesty of last season's clothes featuring gaping mouths with full sets of teeth, this is pretty good.

Is it the first collection that he makes a more "structured" clothes? The "panels" look just great:-) But the his shows are always full of ideas and theme. Just so many things to see. The historical-costume-meets-sf-uniforms are nice:-))

Maybe its the angle of lighting, the make-up..matte plastic looking wigs or whatever they are..the way the models are positioned in the pictures..but all in all it creates, for me, an eiry looking collection. It has an uncomfortable joy-killing vibe imo.. not liking it one bit.

nqth said:
Is it the first collection that he makes a more "structured" clothes? The "panels" look just great:-) But the his shows are always full of ideas and theme. Just so many things to see. The historical-costume-meets-sf-uniforms are nice:-))

I don't think so, if you have seen his collections befor he came to paris there was more tailoring in thous.

very interesting indeed....androgynous in the sense that I would wear a few of these pieces for sure. I think the boots are fantastic!!! and I am freaking out over that skull scarf!:woot:

He doesn't show menswear on the catwalk. Only showroom.

Re: structure. Yeah,that "Scab" collection from S/S 03 with all the stitch work-which was his first international hit-had loads of structure in it. I agree with you nqth. I think that's why I've come to appreciate what he does because his work conjures alot of imagery. And frankly,that's what I like in fashion...besides the clothes itself. :wink:

i'm adding some pieces from www.vogue.de
b360.jpg

love this if only the f** weren't f**
b360.jpg

b360.jpg

b360.jpg

b360.jpg

b360.jpg

b360.jpg

i thought it were not wigs but wrapped turbans (what is the english word??)
with a hairpin attached to make it look like hair?

love it,love it,love it!!!

Thanks anna :flower:

Thanks for those pictures, Anna. Still loving this...

anna karina said:
i'm adding some pieces from www.vogue.de

love this if only the f** weren't f**
b360.jpg

i thought it were not wigs but wrapped turbans (what is the english word??)
with a hairpin attached to make it look like hair?

me to.:heart:

I think the hair pieces are made from string. I forget his name, it starts with a J , but he does all the make up and hair for Undercover and Junya Watanabe, he is a absolute genius.:heart:

Spacemiu said:
I don't think so, if you have seen his collections befor he came to paris there was more tailoring in thous.

Thanks Space:-) If you have any pictures of his clothes bf Paris, please please post. I see very little of those. I remember a collection when he covered all body, even face with tartan. Superb:-)

Scott said:
Re: structure. Yeah,that "Scab" collection from S/S 03 with all the stitch work-which was his first international hit-had loads of structure in it. I agree with you nqth. I think that's why I've come to appreciate what he does because his work conjures alot of imagery. And frankly,that's what I like in fashion...besides the clothes itself. :wink:

Thanks Scott, I've had a llok at that increadible SS03 collection. I don't know why I didn't pay attention to it before:-) Looking closer to the details is much much recomended:-)

As for this collection, his use of pinstripes and tuxedo, paneled jkts is just wild:-) And the T said "We make noise not clothes":-D

from wwd...

Undercover: When the lights dimmed at the Undercover show, it was to the tinkling sound of children in a schoolyard. But those expecting recess should have taken a closer look at designer Jun Takahashi’s invitation — an elementary school timetable with arts-and-crafts class circled.
But just because you’re learning doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. Quite the contrary, the trompe l’oeil effects that the designer utilized in his dark riff on classic English countryside clothes and riding gear both fooled and delighted. Using copious amounts of wool felt, Takahashi gave his wide-legged suits, coats and dresses a stiff paper-doll-like flatness. Felt caps sculpted to simulate hair emphasized the doll bit. The fooling came in the form of necklaces painted on a sweater and less expectedly in the blank shallow indentations on jackets and coats to suggest the absence of a pocket or button. Another jacket sported a hem of inset razor blades. Cleverly cut felt became a ruff of feathers, and a voluminous coat was crafted entirely of black felt cutouts of skulls. And just when it seemed that all was said and done, a plaintive trumpet announced a cavalry, a dozen strong, of tomboyish soldier uniforms, ending the show with a delightful visual flourish.

this is one of my favorite collections of the season

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->