Underrated Movies

Enchanted April-this is a simply sublime movie,just perfect for rainy days when you want to see something magical and touching. :crush:

Henry and June-I love EVERYTHING about this movie,for me its an erotic masterpiece about two literary greats.

Two For The Road-Such a fantastic little gem,and its just unfair that so little people have heard or seen this little movie,its so before its time,and has some cool fashion aswell.^_^

I have added so many films to my Netflix queue from this forum today. :heart: Can't wait to see so much of it.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Some of the scenes are breathtaking, almost like a work of art.

Enchanted April-this is a simply sublime movie,just perfect for rainy days when you want to see something magical and touching. :crush:
I IMDB'ed this movie, and it seems so lovely. I think I might check it out somehow! Thanks for the recommendation ^_^

And has anyone seen The House of Mirth by Terence Davies? This is one piece of beautiful and emotionally powerful cinema, and shamefully underrated! It might be my favourite movie to date. I bawl like a baby everytime I see it :heart: It really does the novel justice, for once.

I thought Shop Girl was really great... makes you feel something...

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Some of the scenes are breathtaking, almost like a work of art.

I couldn't agree more! Such a powerful and moving film, visually it's a wonder.

Requiem for a dream.
Fargo.
Assassination of Richard Nixon.
Perfect Storm.
Men of honor.

I IMDB'ed this movie, and it seems so lovely. I think I might check it out somehow! Thanks for the recommendation ^_^

And has anyone seen The House of Mirth by Terence Davies? This is one piece of beautiful and emotionally powerful cinema, and shamefully underrated! It might be my favourite movie to date. I bawl like a baby everytime I see it :heart: It really does the novel justice, for once.
Oh i am very glad you seem to like it, hopeuflly you will be able to see it (its often on HBO), and i didnt see the movie you recommended (of course i know about the book though) but i have seen the trailer now and it seems very good, will try and get it, so thanks back at cha for suggestion.:flower:

Has anyone seen An Unmarried Woman ?More people need to see this underrated thoughtful movie that was very much ahead of its time, its the "Sex And The City" before "Sex And The City" that we know today.^_^

Oh I love the movie Fargo.

Did anyone see Bubba Ho-tep? That movie is one of my favorites, even though it hasn't had much attention. I have to list Evil Dead 2 and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest as well. They're not appreciated as much as they should be.

Has anyone seen An Unmarried Woman ?More people need to see this underrated thoughtful movie that was very much ahead of its time, its the "Sex And The City" before "Sex And The City" that we know today.^_^

YES! I decided to Netflix An Unmarried Woman after Sarah Jessica Parker described that movie in an interview. I really liked it! Makes want to see more movies from the 70s/early 80s. Plus, I love Kelly Bishop.

YES! I decided to Netflix An Unmarried Woman after Sarah Jessica Parker described that movie in an interview. I really liked it! Makes want to see more movies from the 70s/early 80s. Plus, I love Kelly Bishop.
Thats awsome,i loved the ending so very well done.And yes hahah was surprised to see Kelly in the movie she was so young but didnt look much different than on the GG and had that same grace even back then.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->