Uniqlo

^^i don't blame you!
I forgot about the Undercover collection :ninja:
I think I tend to avert my eyes since I'm in Boston and I'd have to come to NYC for Uniqlo so it was (for the most part) inaccessible.

Too bad (or maybe good for me :P) that the Undercover collection isn't online.
I don't think i can resist checking out the online offerings...
I'll look, but I won't buy... I hope :rolleyes:

I have to confess, I'm afraid to check out the online shop because I CAN'T be spending any money on myself at the moment... especially with the holidays coming up.

i usually end up buying gifts at uniqlo for stocking stuffer/gift items (ie. the heattech socks and thermals for my dad, cashmere etc)
:P

i think you should consider it as a gift source!

i usually end up buying gifts at uniqlo for stocking stuffer/gift items (ie. the heattech socks and thermals for my dad, cashmere etc)

great idea!
I definitely will do that....
especially since i'm on a tight budget this year...

SO true...!
my cousin got me heattech leggings and a top last yr for xmas and it is honestly the only present i even remember ...
:D

i've gotten cashmere sweaters for my mom and dad there in the past as well...

i love giving/getting cashmere for christmas...
especially socks!
i wish uniqlo did cashmere socks...

There has been a line in front of the Uniqlo store in SF ever since it opened, I just can't. :lol:

I know they are not all there for Undercover, either.

i doubt anybody is there for undercover, those collections were bombs. :lol:

there are promotions for the launch of the new ecommerce in the states...Men and women's cashmere is $20 to $50 off....:P

i thought that undercover was sort of a bomb as well...
but the stuff looks very different in store than in the ads...
the ads were cute with very very lovely bug costumes...
but the clothes couldn't really be seen...and i didnt really even care...
i had forgotten about it, just like chrissy...

but since i was there anyway, i took a look
a lot of stuff was sold out actually...
it's funny--- some stuff sold out completely and other stuff is just sitting there...
i only got a couple of things, but i am really really happy with my buys...
there was a bunch of men's stuff that i actually liked better than the womens...
(but that's typical for me..:lol:...)

the quality of the sweaters and wool items didn't seem to be as high quality as the +J stuff but the prices were also lower...

anyway - the website says they are going to put the number nine stuff online 'soon'...

Last edited by a moderator:
why do i keep saying number nine...?!?!
:doh:...

i meant undercover...
i guess the UU gets me mixed up with NN...

:lol:...

anyway- my UU sweater is one of my best purchases, EVER...
:clap:

has anyone tried the summer version of heat tech?
it's called airism...
51841b7d4748e.jpg

just got this...
it's too cute for words and really nice quality!
gave it to my mom but i will be stealing it back eventually...
:innocent:

uniqlo.com

^^so cute! i can't justify buying one for myself (or maybe i can), but my sister's been looking for a lightweight jacket for spring/summer... that could be a good option :smile:

hmm...i am liking all the fleece they have right now...
well- not ALL the fleece...
but i like the idea of fleece when it's cold...

i got a pair of blk knit pants when i was in japan that are lined with fleece...
they are like sweats, with a drawstring, but without the banded ankles...
i was thinking they would be cute rolled up with booties because you will see the fleece lining...

so when i got back to nyc i went to the store here to check if there was more cute stuff...
but - they do NOT have the same stuff...
:judge:...

very annoying~!
i don't know why i'm surprised...
but i really thought it would be very much the same since it seems that uniqlo is so basic...
but, apparently this is not the case...
so then i checked the japanese site and sure enough...
many more good choices in styles and colours...

:ermm:...
*grumble grumble grumble*

Ha, softgrey, yesterday a girl showed up at work... she was adorable-looking and was wearing the prettiest shaggy jacket I've seen :wub: ..they always have something I don't like, but not this one! (cream-colored, waist length, a little boxy but not too much, lovely pockets, soft-looking)... I couldn't resist and asked her where she found it and she said [super cute Japanese accent/humble thing] "Uniqlo".. it reminded me of this post. :heart:

And of course I dumbly asked her if she got it in San Francisco, being the closest, and she said Japan. sighs.

I remember a friend used to drag me once or twice a week to the one in Soho, and I'd die seeing life pass me by as he tried on the same plain sweater in like 8 similar colors for h.o.u.r.s. I'd just sit there checking out the [gay] guys (main reason he wanted to go there all the time I guess :lol:)... I learned to dread that store but you've all been making it sound exciting/necessary lately (and I'll definitely order a good winter supply).

UGH!
:doh:...:hardhead:...

that just annoys me even more!!!
:lol:...

good story though...:flower:

I'm in Hong Kong currently and there are lots of Uniqlo stores, so I am very lucky! :lol: I've heard great things about Heat Tech from my friends, the ones studying overseas in the UK. I'm now even tempted to see if I can grab some to warm up this winter!

the only bad thing is that so many of their things are made in china...
i've decided to boycott china because i don't like how corrupt and shady their government is...
*ie- why did they just launch a battleship?..hmmmmm?.....

but this restricts my uniqlo purchases considerably...
:ermm:...

that faux fur jacket I fell in love with is from the kids section! :alien:

I need it so bad! :mellow:

.. that and a jacket from the men's section, and I'm so confused about sizing. I know their mens stuff can't run too large because every guy I know that wears their stuff is more on the petite side, and that jacket on that girl didn't look small at all, but then she was like 1.55 cm and I'm 1.75. ugh, I hate online shopping! :judge:

i think uniqlo runs pretty true to size...

someone accidentally bought me a heattech shirt for women in medium this christmas and it fit fine. (i usually wear S or XS) it wasnt that much bigger than small. the material was really stretchy.

i am wearing the medium right now as i'm typing this as the pipes in my apartment have frozen. :rolleyes::cool2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->