US Bazaar September 2004 : Gisele Bundchen

Originally posted by PinkAnik@Aug 19 2004, 06:06 PM
On page 109, there is a Jil Sander ad, is that Gemma?????? If not, she looks like her !!!!!!
[snapback]338864[/snapback]​

Yea, who is the Jil Sander girl? There's a 4 pg. in Vogue.

pic01.jpg

They say her name is Cameron. But is she the same girl in the back& white ad? Cause i really think its Gemma...

From Models.com...they say Lily Donaldson for this ad (is this SS04?:(

lily-084.jpg

Originally posted by PinkAnik@Aug 19 2004, 03:35 PM
pic01.jpg

They say her name is Cameron. But is she the same girl in the back& white ad? Cause i really think its Gemma...
[snapback]338880[/snapback]​
woa nice profile B)

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Aug 19 2004, 04:57 PM
Because you can read what they're saying..... :innocent:
[snapback]338856[/snapback]​

Dir en grey?? YEAH! But anyway, I have to say, some of Bazaar's efforts would look boring even in hieroglyphics.

awful!

gisele is the worst model...

she doesn't blend at all!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:angry: :sick: :angry:

what a waste of the sept cover :shock:

Originally posted by faust@Aug 20 2004, 01:27 PM
:rofl: 983 new ideas, Chickonspeed, you were too modest!!!
[snapback]339812[/snapback]​

:rofl: I bought that issue this morning. It's the first Bazaar I've bought in a loooong time. In the back of mag is a "preview" for next month's issue:

(and I'm not kidding!)

-500 Best Dressed Secrets--Making the new looks work for you!

-Fashion Preview--The best of what's next

-Accessories Special--The Bags and shoes to buy now: for every age!

:sick: How vapid and ridiculous. Wow I'm really looking forward to the October issue!

On the very last page of this September issue, Bazaar has a list of In's and Out's for the season. For me, this sums up exactly why Bazaar under Glenda Bailey is stale and irrelevant. Fashion these days is a lot more complicated than "Slouchy boots are in, stiletto boots are out". I enjoy the complexities and contradictions of fashion in 2004. But somehow Bazaar neglects to translate this phenomenon and instead positions itself as some sort of user manual, simplifying fashion and culture down to the lowest common denominator. I think that that really takes the fun out of a magazine. I don't think a fashion consumer in the 21st century needs to be told what shoe corresponds to what age and shape and dress and brooch. We can figure it out on our own. Perhaps Bazaar would be much more successful if it gave its readers a chance to breath before shoving yet another "83629391627 looks for you!" issue down their throats.

Originally posted by duckboy@Aug 19 2004, 07:36 PM
woa nice profile B)
[snapback]338952[/snapback]​

I think that this is Lily....

Despite everyone turning their noses up at Bazaar, I think it is very enjoyable and a good magazine. Just my two cents.

Yeah i think its Lily too...

Now here's the one that confused me. Gemma?

Originally posted by PinkAnik@Aug 20 2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah i think its Lily too...

Now here's the one that confused me. Gemma?
[snapback]340103[/snapback]​

From Models.com
Last week we promised to suss out those mysterious Jil Sander girls and suss we did. The final four are lovely Lily Donaldson/Select, Girl Of The Moment Gemma Ward/IMG, comeback queen Raquel Zimmerman/DNA and Marilyn's major new find Danna.

So yes, its Gemma!

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 20 2004, 01:39 PM
On the very last page of this September issue, Bazaar has a list of In's and Out's for the season. For me, this sums up exactly why Bazaar under Glenda Bailey is stale and irrelevant. Fashion these days is a lot more complicated than "Slouchy boots are in, stiletto boots are out". I enjoy the complexities and contradictions of fashion in 2004. But somehow Bazaar neglects to translate this phenomenon and instead positions itself as some sort of user manual, simplifying fashion and culture down to the lowest common denominator. I think that that really takes the fun out of a magazine. I don't think a fashion consumer in the 21st century needs to be told what shoe corresponds to what age and shape and dress and brooch. We can figure it out on our own. Perhaps Bazaar would be much more successful if it gave its readers a chance to breath before shoving yet another "83629391627 looks for you!" issue down their throats.
[snapback]339842[/snapback]​
that was hmm...good.

[snapback]339842[/snapback]​

LOL -- no kidding. Even if one were a trend-hound, In's-Out's lists are still the lowest form of editorial. Not to mention a little confusing. 'Demure bow-tied dresses' are "in" and 'plunging v-neck dresses' are "out"? What should I do with a v-neck dress with bow-ties? :blink:

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Aug 20 2004, 04:14 PM
Despite everyone turning their noses up at Bazaar, I think it is very enjoyable and a good magazine. Just my two cents.
[snapback]340094[/snapback]​

Really? I sat down with this issue this afternoon and, no offense, but I seriously thought I had lost 30 IQ points by the time I had finished. I truly regret spending the $3 on this garbage.

Originally posted by PinkAnik@Aug 20 2004, 05:28 PM
From Models.com
So yes, its Gemma!
[snapback]340181[/snapback]​

Your determination never fails to impress me, Anik!

I think it's a great issue and I'm glad I subscribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->