US GQ October 2024 : Beyoncé by Bryce Anderson

Even her beauty can’t save that ugly Dolly Parton wig.
The Art Direction is very amateur too.

Why Miss Grand and not George Cortina?

Seriously, why should an entertainer be on the cover of magazines, if it’s not to promote something?
What I meant was that I think if it weren't a worldwide cover, she probably would not have accepted it. I wanted to highlight that she gives very few interviews and remains a very private person. I believe her last worldwide cover was for ELLE for the launch of another brand.
The result of this one seems rushed and unfinished.
I would love see her style by George Cortina or Carlyne she would have done magic with the cowboy western style..
No LV looks but her whisky brand been associated with them is quite ood

With all the time we've spent waiting on visuals, she should know we're hungry for them in any form; this was not the cover that we wanted and she shouldn't have done GQ, it should have been with someone else.

it is amazing how vulgar and arrogant she has become as her solo career progressed. She actually had some nice covers back at the beginning of her solo career like W, Elle and Allure. It shows what happens when creative control is lost to the subject and a weak team are used.

I'm with you. I've said it once, twice, three times and I'll say it again... Beyoncé's best cover to this day is US Vogue April 2009 by Mario Testino.

I do love me some gaudy glamour but even for my liking, this feels a very over-produced and very poorly executed.

Yeah, Testino managed to make her look great and natural. Here's another great example (US Vogue August 2003). I think he did an excellent job for V Magazine too. I can't say the same about this outcome, though.

For some reason, I love how Rick Owens looks on her body!
The Dolce & Gabbana shot is fabulous though.

Hair is so atrocious that it becomes a distraction.

Her tour looks and album shoots are amazing, she excels there yet in magazine or ads it always comes up a bit short.

Anyways, it’s for GQ, never expect anything fashion forward or grand from them. It’s probably all about the whiskey. She could have sent some album pics honestly

Reason 3747477 why I despise wmen on the cover of men's fashion mags.
Absolutely atrocious and cheap. With all of her mega fame and status, she's NEVER delivered iconic imagery, or fashion.

I do like the cover concept. It is very fun! However, Beyonce's hair color does not look good for her complexion. Finally, that RuPaul cover is definitely not better. RuPaul does it better.

I might be the only one here but I actually don't mind this cover and Ed. I like it when she's shot in this glossy sexy style reminiscent of her earlier work at the beginning of her solo career and well suited for GQ. I also like the idea of the cover being a billboard. What I dislike is the obvious product placement and lack of a cohesive story which blame goes to the team. When these teams work with very powerful stars they seem to lose their fearlessness and instead try to please the celebrity. As for the hair if am not mistaken it's her hair not a wig. She's promoting 3 brands in these pics

Yeah, Testino managed to make her look great and natural. Here's another great example (US Vogue August 2003). I think he did an excellent job for V Magazine too. I can't say the same about this outcome, though.
As much as I dislike Testino's work, I've gotta admit... you're right about him in this case. I can see how this concept would have worked with Testino, too.

I actually don't think Beyoncé looks vulgar here (or very often, at all). I mean, true vulgarity is when they hire someone like Irina Shayk. Her posing is very weak, I think. It's missing some sort of oomph, but it's no worse than most working models today.

The cover is the only picture I dislike, the rest looks well, but for W Magazine not GQ. I quite like the Jessica Rabit concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->