US Harper’s Bazaar ‘The Digital Cover’ December 2018 by Mariano Vivanco

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Willow Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith & Adrienne Norris:

If I had to choose between this and Vogue's circa 2009 gif covers, definitely this. It feels much more tastefully done and they seem to have realized that by doing digital covers they can get more diverse women for their covers in addition to print. I get that much more than making a gif of the subject you're already featuring in print.

True. It does look very tasteful. Better than the current Margot Robbie cover, but not shoot.
Then again, Vogue doesn't have a fear of diversity in the same way US Harper's does, so I can understand why they don't need an additional outlet to prove they care/moving with the times/are woke/insert selling point/.

Reactions: MON
If a digital cover is an opportunity to feature people who might otherwise be deemed a risk on the newsstand, I get that.

But if a digital cover is an opportunity to produce a low-effort gif accompanied by a triumphal press release, then I'm happy to let these things pass me by at the moment.

I mean, someone will get it right at some point - if the digital cover of, say, Vogue Italia was a window into those short films that added an extra dimension to the editorial, that would be an amazing use of all the forms of media involved.

That would have been a much better print than the Margot Robbie cover.

Three beautiful women who deserve to be on the main newsstand cover seen by the entire world, and not on some digital cover, which is only accessible to a few.

Such a beautifully classic cover, no need to taint it with this nonsense. Like is this the early 00s and every is discovering the marvels of gifs and videos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->