US Harper's Bazaar March 2019 : Cardi B by Mariano Vivanco

Yeah it was styled by her stylist...disaster....but also the fault is for the photographer.....

To think an editor would cede this kind of control for their March cover, the second most important issue of the year? Crikey!

380 Pages

Cinderella Story

Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Stylist: Kollin Carter
Hair: Tokyo Stylez
Makeup: Erika La Pearl
Cast: Cardi B

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Surf City

Photographer: Zoey Grossman
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Makeup: Tyron Machhausen
Manicure: Dawn Sterling
Cast: Carolyn Murphy

Frill Seeker

Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Hair: Hiro + Mari
Makeup: Yumi Mori
Manicure: Liang
Cast: Yasmin Wijnaldum

I am completely in awe in front of The future of fashion starts here. That editorial is incredible, from the model to the photography, from the styling to the setting. What makes it so good is Grace x Txema, a true match made in heaven. I still remember their astonishing work for Numéro. Wow, I might get this issue only for that story.

Built to Last

Photographer: Camilla Akrans
Stylist: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Hikaru Hirano
Makeup: Maud Laceppe
Manicure: Andrea Escoria
Cast: Giedre Dukauskaite

Ancient History

Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Ali Pirzadeh
Makeup: Frankie Boyd
Cast: Nina Parker

Shot on location in Tunisia

Gun Control Now

Photographer: Allie Holloway
Hair: Lacy Redway, Creighton Bowman, Frankie Payne
Makeup: Yumi Mori, Gita Base, Samuel Paul
Cast: Sarah Chadwick, Laura Dern, Diane Kruger

Activism, Glenda Gailey-style

Everything is so terrible, and even worse....forgettable.

I find that the fashion editorials are pretty good this issue, by the standards of US Bazaar.

The Grace Bol story is the highlight, and the other ones could probably pass muster on the current pages of US Elle.

OMG !!!! The editorials in this issue are super cool (except the one with Cardi B lol) I looooove the one with Carolyn Murphy and the one about the future, these 2 are SUPERB !!!

The same team is responsible for both "The Future of Fashion" and "Ancient History". The first could (sort of) be a less edgy ed in Numero and the latter belongs to high-end department store catalog.

I remember a few years back Bazaar did a laughable Stars Wars story. The Grace Bol editorial is a perfect example of that done right. This is how you take pop culture and turn it into high fashion. Bravo. As for the rest, I like some of the elements by none of the other stories came together like the first. They’re all missing a spark and I can’t say I’m impressed with Miguel Enamorado’s work so far. Does everyone just dial it in at Bazaar?! I remember being equally unimpressed with Elissa Santisi’s work after she had done marvels under Liz Tilberis.

The same team is responsible for both "The Future of Fashion" and "Ancient History". The first could (sort of) be a less edgy ed in Numero and the latter belongs to high-end department store catalog.

I'd really like them to explain that to me. Baffling, I tell you! But I'd still like to know how Hearst bagged Yeste. And how long before Nina tap into that.She's clever enough to know when she's got gold on her hands. Glenda isn't. Who in their right mind would still run a Akrans blue sky edit next to Yeste's? It shows Akrans off in a poor light, as well as Glenda herself.

I think, for Glenda, it's a decent issue. Too much on the purist side if you ask me. I mean, pull up an 2009 issue and compare it to this one and other than the casting of Grace Bol, you would think it was done in the same year.

Some of those Grace Bol shots would have been Stunning newsstand covers ( the black and gold dress with wrap sunglasses). I could even see one or two of Carolyn's shots working, and yet, they continue with the inane - third rate celebrity crap. Seriously, what the f^#@ is with this magazine?!

And Thanks for all the posts Benn98

Not a bad issue at all, especially Grace Bol's editorial which feels part Star Wars, part traditional Lindbergh sci-fi story (remember the classic one with Magdalena?).

Grace's editorial is a knockout! Fabulous! I also love Yasmin and Nina's editorials. They look like Bazaar and Vogue from the 60's. It's nice to see a Model looking glamorous and grown up for a change.

Grace Bol is PERFECT... She's so underrate, I hope someday she'll have at least one Vogue cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->