US Harper's Bazaar November 2023 : Leanne de Haan by Amy Troost

Leanne de Haan lol

So you think when this issue was pitched they were like "We're gonna do only two fashion eds, both with relatively unknown models, give the cover to one of them, and call it a day"

Realistically, whatever the original plan was, it was impacted by the SAG-AFTRA strike.... or something else. But I can't imagine that was the plan all along. It just doesn't make sense. There's no way this issue doesn't flop massively at newsstands, garner zero traction online, and largely bore subscribers (my copy went into the bin after I flipped through it for 5 minutes tops)

So you think when this issue was pitched they were like "We're gonna do only two fashion eds, both with relatively unknown models, give the cover to one of them, and call it a day"

Realistically, whatever the original plan was, it was impacted by the SAG-AFTRA strike.... or something else. But I can't imagine that was the plan all along. It just doesn't make sense. There's no way this issue doesn't flop massively at newsstands, garner zero traction online, and largely bore subscribers (my copy went into the bin after I flipped through it for 5 minutes tops)
Unfortunately, it is not the same case for me. I love both the fashion editorials in this issue because they are visually beautiful to me. I also appreciate an unknown model on the cover. It is a surprising cover choice, but I am here for it. US Harper's Bazaar is all about it's "firsts."

Not that long ago, I heard Samira say in a video clip that she loves models. I think that she selected this model for the cover as her "first" new model on US Harper's Bazaar. And yes, I will be saving this issue for future viewing.

My digital copy is showing 132 pages. Not much to add to what's already been said.

I notice near the back, they've published the statement of circulation, a brief look - average paid-for subscription copies, 602,769, average bought at newsstands etc copies, 19,655. Average free or nominal rate copies, 36,649.

My digital copy is showing 132 pages. Not much to add to what's already been said.

I notice near the back, they've published the statement of circulation, a brief look - average paid-for subscription copies, 602,769, average bought at newsstands etc copies, 19,655. Average free or nominal rate copies, 36,649.
What are "Average free or nominal rate copies"?

They have a loyal subscriber and are selling a lot in newsstand

This 'avarage bought' number is from circulation or actually sales? Cause here in Brazil if they print 10.000 copies they tend to say thats is the sales when actually its not

There's no further analysis of the circulation in the section published at the back, it might be worth requesting a scan of that page, if the figures are of interest.

I'm sure every statement of circulation has some 'creative accounting' going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadxreminders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->