US Harper's Bazaar October 2009 : Janet Jackson by Tom Munro

At least it's not a candid picture of her on the red carpet.:doh:

Maybe where you're at her career is over but worldwide she is an Icon so get over it! And Janet always been a stylish person, she just doesn't shove it all in your face like those other worthless celebs that get on. The cover of these magazines every two months. Also, Janet had a career before mike died and will have on after, so her getting the cover would happen regardless since she's been on a Harpers cover before.

Moving on, I don't like the cover all that much but this is Bazaa so I don't expect much from them. And was hoping for more pictures than that but will be getting this anyway. It will be sold out and you all will continue to hate. Lol

The newstand cover may seem inappropriate with that big (and gorgeous) smile but I'm sure this cover had been planned before her brother's death, so no one's really to blame.
I really don't know what to think about the subscriber's cover, to be honest. But, as usual, I'm sure Bazaar will have plenty of great editorials.

^ I don't think it was planned before. Harper's made it known they had got the exclusive interview and shoot with her didn't they? So I have a feeling it will have been a quick decision to place her on the cover.

I don't really mind either shot, they're certainly better than some reccent Harper's covers, but I can sort of see what's being said about the smiling shots. It's a great smile, but considering what she'll be talking about in side the magazine, perhaps it would have been nicer to have gone with one of the other shots for the cover?

Well, second cover is far better, don't appreciate to see her face so close... but i don't get why it's her on the cover.

I don't really mind either shot, they're certainly better than some reccent Harper's covers, but I can sort of see what's being said about the smiling shots. It's a great smile, but considering what she'll be talking about in side the magazine, perhaps it would have been nicer to have gone with one of the other shots for the cover?

Just my thoughts, I was surprised seeing smiling Janet on the cover when I know what the article will be about.

Well, if the article is about Michael, then the smile IS inappropriate, but I still have to say I like that cover, she has a very beautiful, natural smile.

Just my thoughts, I was surprised seeing smiling Janet on the cover when I know what the article will be about.

Maybe she is trying to show how to get over the tragedy in a fashionable way:-)))... I mean seriously... I don't mind Janet... at least she is not one of those who are annoyingly everywhere... and yes! her smile is nice... but everything is just soooo odd... and I was hoping that subscribers would get Model cover... curious about the content...

definitely not. and i don't think it was very smart of the magazine to put her smiling like that on the cover when her brother has just died, especially if she's going to talk about that. it's rather inappropriate imo.

Exactly! Michael Jackson is probably turning in his grave because of the deplorable way his family has behaved since his death. Janet Jackson's career is beyond over and she only got this cover to exploit her sad story about his death. Money, money money. Yet they want people in Los Angeles to pick up the tab for his funeral security expenses. The Jackson family ought to use the preceeds from this ridiculous cover of hers to pay for their funeral/memorial security needs. Ridiculous.

I always have a have a hard time imagining Janet on the cover of fashion magazines. She just seems so out of place in the whole world of high fashion and glossy editorials (imo). Both covers are just good enough to publish, but they're nothing special.

Harper's is in a weird place right now. They seem to be trying to do what sells, but when I read the magazine I get a sense the staff isn't comfortable with this. Thus you get half ***ed editorials and articles and you get cover subjects thrown down your throat that we have seen 100 times before. (I mean really, would Janet have gotten the cover if Micheal hadn't just died?)

I know Harpers has to sell but it really isn't that hard to appeal to the masses and be creative.

Most of the time Janet's photographed out in the world looking like a bag lady so I completely agree. This was all about the Jacksons sensationalizing his death for their financial benefit. Ka-ching!:shock:

I love the cover :heart:...love her so much :woot:

IDK I don't see the smile in a negative light, it's her best physical asset and why would you want her looking depressed or 'fierce' on the cover that would be even more jarring and odd.

Janet always has a Big warm smile, so I like the newsstand cover better. The B&W cover looks stiff and contrived. It only reminds me how much I miss the elegance of Real Fashion Models.

Love the newsstand cover but I really hope for the FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE to be gone

This was all about the Jacksons sensationalizing his death for their financial benefit. Ka-ching!:shock:
That is very sad, but true.Its the same with LaToya doing interviews with Walters, and hosting the view.etc it all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i loved MJ and his music, but this is all distasteful.

Janet has been on select covers in the past few years, so I don't think her presence on this cover is distasteful. But the emotion that her face will provoke required subtle, intelligent, treatment and that is not present here.

terrible cover... i'll try to believe that she's on the cover not because of the recent facts.

But really so what if she is? Janet jackson is an icon who had a brother who was probably the biggest icon of them all. We've seen two bit starlets get on the covers of Bazaar and Vogue for crappy movies and even crappier TV shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->