US Harper's Bazaar October 2010 : Drew Barrymore by Mark Seliger

that earring on the cover has been super-imposed.....HA it looks so faux.

the content sounds lovely. people complain about HB, but i think they do a nice job presenting fashion in a more subtle and refined way. i like this way and more high fashion mags like VI

I have always said that I like Bazaar because of the way it presents fashion. It does it in a simple, straightforward way that appeals to the modern woman who wants to know what's fashionable. If you want dreams and escapism you have other magazines, valuable magazines indeed but Bazaar has that special place in my heart.

The two covers and editorial are so gorgeous and glamourous! There is only one thing that dislike and that is that one of the dresses has holes but besides that I think that dress is very beautiful. Her hair, makeup, clothes, the setting and photography are so gorgeous. The picture I love the most is when she is holding a mirror and looking back. Thanks a lot for all the pictures.

"The Big Chill"
Models: Abbey Lee Kershaw, Brad Kroenig, and Sebastian Lund
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Stylist: George Cortina
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Charlotte Tillbury
Manicure: Typhaine Kersual
Production: Ben Faraday
Set Design: Pierre Glanddier

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Wow, when Lagerfeld is good he is really good but when he is bad, which is the case with this editorial, he is awful. Thanks for scanning anyway, flyme2themoon.

"What's Next"
Model: Samantha Gradoville
Photographer: Camilla Akrans
Stylist: Franck Benhamou
Hair: Duffy
Makeup: Wendy Rowe
Manicure: Tom Bachik
Production: Jeremy McGuire

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Lagerfeld's editorial is a disappointment. It's not Abbey, because she looks beautiful. I do love the second shot with Sebastian.
Maybes its the styling, it looks thrown together. There is just something missing.

Samantha's editorial looks nice. Typical Camilla Akrans, very safe. Thanks for scanning flyme2themoon!

Again a mediocre issue. Ad is a joke. The styling is good, but the desert setting makes Samantha look ridiculous in her glam 70's clothing.

And I said it before, but I can't stress it enough: the new typography and layout are hideous!

Does anybody have any idea how well Harper's Bazaar sells up against Elle, Vogue and other mainstream American fashion magazines? I can't figure out what is going on with this magazine.

The New Classics
Photographer: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Models: Tati Cotliar and Melissa Tammerijn
Fashion Editor: Jacob K
original source: hotgirlsinhollywood.com

Table of Contents & Editor's Letter

'TRUE DREW'
Ph: Mark Seliger
Styling: Katie Mossman

youkioske

'A FASHIONABLE LIFE: ROSETTA & BALTHAZAR GETTY'

youkioske