US Vogue April 2011 : Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz

One thing, I do love is the gold masthead against the hair. Apart from that I'll wait for a better quality image, to judge the pose and everything else. Pleasantly surprised to see Rihanna on US Vogue, especially after Lady Gaga. They are pushing boundaries and I'm not complaining.

The only thing I can nitpick about this is the banner over the "v". Without it, I think this would be one of the more striking Vogue covers in a while.

Finally a US Vogue cover captures what that star is about, and there's some sex appeal on the cover of US Vogue! Absolutely love Rihanna, and I can't wait to see the rest of the editorial, because she photographs as well as any working model today.

The reaction to this cover - the cheap and tacky comments - reminds me very much of the comments on the Beyonce US Vogue cover. Those comments are just so uncalled for :(

So true. It's like they don't wanna give her a chance to show what she has got to be on the cover. Well that is just my opinion.

To be fair, those cheap and tacky comments come everytime a mainstream person (with that I mean someone who is more of a celebrity than a talent) is on the cover. And it's always about how low it is of Vogue to put someone like that on the cover etc.

The only time people won't complain is when someone really deserving is on it, like an oscarwinner that's overdue (like Marion) or one of the regulars which no one can hate (with good reason) like Cate Blanchett.

Wow 8 pages, and only one image has been posted. Everyone just needs to start taking US Vogue covers for what they are worth, and get over it lol.
Anyways, cant wait for Trentini's ed by Meisel :heart:

well she looks so awkward...she doesn't fit with Vogue image...her red hair looked so tacky and she fits more to men's magazine such as GQ than this one

It's an odd angle she's at, and the pose is a little stiff but overall I quite like it. I wish her hair didn't go quite so high up before it fell down over her right eye though. That looks a little weird to me.

I've got no real issue with Rihanna being on the cover of Vogue. Sometimes I find her really 'try hard' in the style stakes, but when you see her in things like this it just brings across that she is actually a really beautiful girl.

Again I agree with the comments about it being a shame that race has been brought into it once again. Lady GaGa's cover probably had more negative comments than the 'cheap' and 'tacky' ones that come along with this. It's really sad it gets brought back to that level.

When Vogue reuses cover stars people complain in their hundreds, and when they put someone on who's never graced the cover before, the complaints still come in in their hundreds.

Typical Leibovitz cover....absolutely nothing special about it. The red wig is awful and the pose awkward.

i love this cover & admire, greatly, the choice to venture from actresses into music with their cover girls. beautiful cover & rihanna is, undeniably, a star.

anyone have any idea what she is wearing??

i've had a search through a few possible shows but i cant seem to find anything that similar.

I WANNA know. :unsure:

great for rihanna, I really like her... her hair looks gorgeous, but I'm not really sure about the styling. the image does indeed have a herb ritts vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->