US Vogue August 2023 : Olivia Rodrigo by Théo de Gueltzl

I love the styling on this, could care less about the girl

WHO ???
It looks sooooo cheap, so badly done.
Who is the photographer ???
Anna should have retired 15 years ago let's be real.
US Vogue needs some fresh hair, something new and this ain't it y'all.

The cover is cute, the editorial is cute too but… why she’s always doing the same expression? is she the Kendall Jenner of the pop girls?

Is she famous or something like that ?

she is young, and they made her look even younger with these cute mini dresses and skirts...maybe she cannot pull it off an older look but it only accentuates the fact that she is young. Contradictory for what the text says....anyway...let's wait for september...

Anna is such a control freak that she sucks the soul and aesthetic of all the photographers....they need to bring Testino back...anyone have any updated info on his situation?

Honestly, if Anna was going to put a singer on the cover it should’ve been Sza. Olivia is just as bland here as she is on the red carpet. Completely devoid of any personality or spark. But she wears clothes well, so I guess there’s that.

Anna should have retired 15 years ago let's be real.
US Vogue needs some fresh hair, something new and this ain't it y'all.

Do you really think Vogue is going to get BETTER without Anna in 2023?!?!? I'm not an Anna defender, but lmao... come on.

seriously.gif

tenor

Oh it's cute!! I'm happy for Olivia. And we've seen worse, honestly. August has been cursed for a while now, they've published some of their worst covers for August issues going back at least 5 years.

I like the editorial more than the cover image, it would've been a better fit for Hong Kong or Singapore.

Olivia Rodrigouuuu. Same age as Jenna Ortega and look at her ELLE cover and ed...

And what?
bad blood post detected.

my point is if they want someone for young audience I pick Jenna because she can deliver way better in fashion publication. I like her hair here though, but is not working and hate to say this, but is because the subject. Hate it because she seems pretty nice girl.

I don’t get why you think because Elle can do something with a different cover model means that Vogue would do the same thing.

I don’t get why you think because Elle can do something with a different cover model means that Vogue would do the same thing.
The intention of Vogue is showing someone so young this month, it's their youngest cover star this year, and every year they want to target that audience. Halle Bailey was another option but somehow Vogue or Disney disagree to put her on the cover. Jenna in the other hand was available and ELLE made magic with her. Olivia and Jenna are quite equals. Jenna did a pretty job for her age, Olivia still looks like a girl that make her first fashion job.

My comment wasn't a "bad blood" comment, but I just don't get your point. Yes, Elle did a better job with Jenna Ortega than Vogue did with Olivia Rodrigo, Elle kind of does usually do a better job with their cover stars than Vogue has been doing. It's like saying Vogue did a better job with Veruschka in 1968 than they did with Olivia Rodrigo in 2023. Well, yeah... no sh*t. I don't know if it's entirely Olivia's fault she looks so basic.

Halley Bailey didn't get a cover, so what? What does her age have to do with it? You seem to be implying that there's something troubling, if not nefarious, about having a 20 year old on a magazine cover? Doesn't she have an album coming out soon and isn't she on tour with Taylor Swift? I feel like you're just trying to imply something without outright saying it...

My comment wasn't a "bad blood" comment, but I just don't get your point. Yes, Elle did a better job with Jenna Ortega than Vogue did with Olivia Rodrigo, Elle kind of does usually do a better job with their cover stars than Vogue has been doing. It's like saying Vogue did a better job with Veruschka in 1968 than they did with Olivia Rodrigo in 2023. Well, yeah... no sh*t. I don't know if it's entirely Olivia's fault she looks so basic.

Halley Bailey didn't get a cover, so what? What does her age have to do with it? You seem to be implying that there's something troubling, if not nefarious, about having a 20 year old on a magazine cover? Doesn't she have an album coming out soon and isn't she on tour with Taylor Swift? I feel like you're just trying to imply something without outright saying it...
sounds really bad blood stuff because this is not the only thread you made this kind of response to me and I'm talking recently, i'm not stupid. Can you read your own tone?. I was saying maybe they picked Olivia this year to appeal the younger crowd. In the cover rumor thread most of you said that maybe this year Anna will put Hailey on the cover and was an opportunity to sell issues for younger people, but somehow (and against most of the predictions) it didn't happen. For my side I expected Jenna because she owned the year as young revelation, but at this point Vogue didn't work with her. So they put Olivia, which is an unexpected choise for most of us here, I look to the cover rumor thread and I didn't find her name. Olivia must be so sweet and fresh, as the other girls we mention here, but she looks like a teen star posing for Teen Vogue for the very firts time. In the past, so many pre 20 years old girls appeared on the cover of Vogue and did and amazing job in their debut. I remember Keira Knightley now.

Then why not actually say what you mean in your post? There’s no need to be so cryptic. I still remember posts where you were basically alluding to Vogue having young cover stars is akin to grooming!

Of course Olivia’s cover looks amateurish compared to Keira’s cover, which was shot by Annie on a good day.

Very lazy. Anyone with a phone and a closet can do it.

Time changes. If I'm not wrong all the editors agree five years ago to not put underage models and stars on the covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->