US Vogue December 2005 : Kiera Knightley by Annie Leibovitz

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
i've heard the rumor that sienna miller will be the cover star, but i found this:

Penn State Blue Band stays in vogue

By Elaine Hughes
Collegian Staff Writer

Supermodels, sousaphones and clarinets -- one can find all these things in an unlikely spot: between the glossy pages of December's Vogue magazine.
Penn State Blue Band members were photographed by celebrity portrait artist Annie Liebovitz on Sept. 25 and may appear in the fashion magazine beside models and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl star Keira Knightley.
After returning to State College after performing at designer Marc Jacobs' fashion show in New York Sept. 12, Blue Band Director O. Richard Bundy received another invitation from a talent agency.
"The Vogue shoot came as an offshoot of the Marc Jacobs fashion show," Bundy said. "Word got around about our playing, and when Vogue had an idea for the December issue, we were recommended to Vogue by Marc Jacobs."

could it be keira knightley instead?

THE WIZARD OF OZ
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz

source | foto_decadent

Last edited by a moderator:
hm, sounds interesting indeed.....
i would rather prefer keira to sienna, any time!

^ Me, too. Bring on Keira.

"Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li on the cover of Vogue

According to reports in the Chinese media, Ziyi and Memoirs of a Geisha co-star Gong Li will appear together on the cover of the December issue of Vogue magazine. The issue is not available yet, possibly it will be out next wek."

from helloziyi.us

Not sure if they mean Vogue China or Vogue US. Makes sense either way, but most especially with Vogue US in order to boost their publicity and market in the states.

just found this in an article from the nytimes:

"Vogue and Bazaar still believe that all anyone cares about is celebrity," said Mr. Scully, the casting agent. "Vogue is going to run a cover of Sienna Miller," he said of the magazine's December issue, referring to the young actress whose most compelling role seems to be her part as the wronged woman in a sloppy tabloid affair involving a bosomy nanny and Jude Law. "As far as most Americans are concerned, this woman is famous for dating a man who made three flops in a row," Ms. Scully said. "She's roadkill but these editors still insist that she can sell more magazines than a picture of Daria."

looks like Sienna made it....:yuk: .i would have prefered someone else....

ykidkwis said:
"Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li on the cover of Vogue
Not sure if they mean Vogue China or Vogue US. Makes sense either way, but most especially with Vogue US in order to boost their publicity and market in the states.
Maybe its Chinese vogue,lets wait few more days and we will know.The Dec issue is on sale on nov 9th.

I HATE Sienna! Jesus, what is her appeal???

Now, Gong Li and Zhang Ziyi would've made a great cover.

^i totally agree!!! i've been a fan of ziyi zhang ever since she became known here, she is definitely someone with real talent.....!!

liberty33r1b said:
just found this in an article from the nytimes:

"Vogue and Bazaar still believe that all anyone cares about is celebrity," said Mr. Scully, the casting agent. "Vogue is going to run a cover of Sienna Miller," he said of the magazine's December issue, referring to the young actress whose most compelling role seems to be her part as the wronged woman in a sloppy tabloid affair involving a bosomy nanny and Jude Law. "As far as most Americans are concerned, this woman is famous for dating a man who made three flops in a row," Ms. Scully said. "She's roadkill but these editors still insist that she can sell more magazines than a picture of Daria."

looks like Sienna made it....:yuk: .i would have prefered someone else....

That article sums it up so well... America is obsessed with people that are famous for no real reason.:blink:

may be sienna will be on the cover of US Vogue or US Teenvouge of January 2006 issue, because her movie Casanova (2005) release date is December 25, 2005. and issue of teenvogue come in second or third week of December will tell that she is on the cover of teenvogue.

^ Heath Ledger and her may me good in that film but the overall the movie is redundant. OMG, he's a playboy and she's an intelligent woman, how can she ever fall for him?! BTW, she already has a fiancee but guess who she ends up with??? :sick:

Sorry if I spoiled it for you.

liberty33r1b said:
^i totally agree!!! i've been a fan of ziyi zhang ever since she became known here, she is definitely someone with real talent.....!!

Talking about talent, Gong Li is actually a real actor.Zhang is all about luck,relationships, and commercial...:innocent:
Gong Li is a real star, and I really hope that people in the English speaking countries know her more :heart:

^ That is true (I'm Chinese) and over in China, Zhang is saturated and frequents the tabloids. But, over here Zhang is the "New Hot Thing" (i.e. Newsweek cover during the spring). Then there is the whole :innocent: of it all.

Hmmmm, now, according to constella at fashist, keira gets the cover. here is the message:

Keira Knightley is on the cover. I saw it briefly in a Borders store today. Annie Leibowitz shot it, and its another storybook editorial. AMAZING. Evokes the Natalia Vodianova-Alice in Wonderland one, but this time Keira stars as Dorothy Gale and artists, not designers, are the citizens of Oz. Its fantastic, even though at times Keira doesn't look up to the task. :-) There's also an amazing editorial with Julia Stegner (I think) Gemma Ward and Caroline Trentini shot by Steven Meisel, and they are frolicking in a laundromat with extraordinary gowns on. Its fantastic. This issue seemed different than the others, it was more art-geared than any other issue of this year, I'd say. There was even a special editorial on artists reworking in their own way a "nude"- I didn't get much time to really comprehend it, but I think Cindy Sherman's is fantastic. Its a picture of her (of course) in a naked clown suit. Frightening but thought-provoking. I'm glad its Keira instead of Sienna Miller, though. Overall, with my quick peruse, I was rather impressed.

:woot: :clap: :bounce: Kiera > Sienna any damn day! plus she was great in Pride & Prejudice. There is alot of Oscar talk actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->