US Vogue December 2005 : Kiera Knightley by Annie Leibovitz

i agree adorefaith i wanted the editoral to work, the way the alice in wonderland edit did but keira couldn't pull it off.

adorefaith I could not agree more with you... she just looks so... awkward. Nothing about this look suits her...

Honestly, I wish they would have done a Pride & Prejudice themed shoot, where she could have been made up as Elizabeth Bennett - kind of like the shoot they did for Reese Witherspoon last month.

I hate Kiera Knightley, and I think she is overrated, and frankly looks not attractive at all in half those photographs.
STILL... this is the best editorial I have seen in a very, very long time. The photographs, disregarding the subject, are beautiful.

^ I totally agree. But, looking on it simply as a Vogue cover, editorial, and covergirl: I don't detest the article, but they definitely could have done better. They could have also chosen a better cover. But what excites me more: "Behind the Scenes" w/ Memoirs of a Geisha and Brokeback Mountain!!! :smile:

Love the Christmassy cover but...err...the editorial really shows you why models should be used more often than celebs (some celebs). She's overacting something terrible there. You often see it with celebs. They either just cannot do it or they have no respect for the art of photography.:rolleyes:

keira look good on cover but i dont like her other pics-editorial

oh MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN what a waisted opportunity.

i think keira is gorgeous, and i think she looks great in this editorial. HOWEVER, i think that the IDEA of this ed. is BRILLIANT. and i think that the photography from Annie is just magnificent.

problem ---- like someone else said, keira just doesn't pull it off AS WELL as a different model could have. i imagine a model that can combine extreeeeme beauty, with great poses, innocence, and elegance.

just imagine seeing Karolina Kurkova in this editorial instead . . .. . it would have been PERFECT for her. she just got signed on as a VS Angel, she's doing the runway show, she's getting tons of press --- then a Vogue cover and being in such an awesome editorial?? it would have been like the jackpot. plus i think that she's the model who could have done this whole concept the best. her face is PERFECT for those colors and she is a great poser. *sigh*

that being said, it's still one of the coolest eds. i've seen in ages. i love keira in it.

hey what other eds are there? apart from keira, gemma and etc eds.

the cover looks really nice, admittedly, but i agree, they should have used a different model for the editorial.......

Ziyi Zhang & Gong Li - US Vogue December 2005

64692699_0bf0f485e5_o.jpg

64691169_a5af2d8e5c_b.jpg

64695057_818c831c0c_b.jpg

64693903_93a7b8567c_b.jpg

64709500_fa5ed7c5b2_b.jpg

I totally agree with Adorefaith. Keira just can't pull it off...I was like :sick: when I saw the ed...too bad they wasted the good idea and teh pretty face by choosing the wrong person for the wrong theme.:yuk:

beautiful! I :heart: Gong Li. Even Ziyi looks softer than usual.

About the Kierie Knightley in Vogue 2005 Dec:

maybe the pics are gearing towards her wizard of oz movie but the picture with the dog looks huh.... strange (i'm trying to be nice:smile: )
the front cover isnt really bad.
buts whats up with the guy with the cigarrete. looks like she is in the twilight zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->