US Vogue December 2005 : Kiera Knightley by Annie Leibovitz

If anyone is interested: (style.com)
img01.jpg

It's a Twister
"Henry! Henry! I can't find Dorothy! She's somewhere out in the storm!" cries Vogue's Auntie Em, actress Alba Clemente, to Uncle Henry (her husband, the painter Francesco Clemente). Vera Wang snow-white embroidered dress.
img02.jpg

Munchkinland
The Penn State Marching Band sends Dorothy off to Oz, as artist Kara Walker, playing Glinda the Good Witch, looks on. From left: Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano ball dress. Marc Jacobs dress and ruby T-strap sandals.
img03.jpg

If I Only Had a Brain
"Do you think if I went with you this Wizard would give me some?" asks painter Brice Marden, the Scarecrow. Balenciaga.Edition by Nicolas Ghesquière crinkled dress. Balenciaga ankle-strap sandals.
img04.jpg

Oil Me, Please
"Why, it's a man! A man made out of tin," Dorothy gasps upon sight of painter John Currin as the Tin Man. Oscar de la Renta rose-pink pinafore dress and white blouse. Lanvin velvet pumps.
img05.jpg

Oh, My!
"Why, you're nothing but a great big coward," Dorothy accuses the Lion, sculptor Jasper Johns. "You're right," he replies. "I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself." Rochas frilled dress and sequined pumps.
img06.jpg

Emerald City
"Look, you can see it here. It's wonderful!" shouts the Tin Man. Lanvin full-skirted dress and patent-leather heels.
img07.jpg

The Wonderful Things He Does
"The beneficent Oz has every intention of granting your requests!" bellows painter and photographer Chuck Close as the Wizard. Comme des Garçons robe dress. Comme des Garçons x Repetto Mary Janes.
img08.jpg

I'll Get You, My Pretty
The Wicked Witch's winged monkey—played by artist Jeff Koons—seizes Dorothy and soars over the haunted forest. Donna Karan New York ruffled dress. Christian Louboutin heels.
img09.jpg

Ding Dong!
Artist Kiki Smith, as the Wicked Witch of the West, cackles after Dorothy soaks her with water. From left: Yves Saint Laurent silk pleated dress and platform loafers. Chanel Haute Couture ostrich-feather cape.
img10.jpg

Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops
"And I'm not going to leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all! And, oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home!" Prada ivory dress and cherry apron. Miu Miu glitter Mary Janes.
img11.jpg

Over the Rainbow
Kiera Knightley in a Vera Wang gold flower-decked dress. In this story: fashion editor, Grace Coddington; sittings editor, Alexandra Kotur; hair, Julien d'Y's using MOKUBA Ribbon; makeup, Gucci Westman for Lancôme; set design, Mary Howard.
img12.jpg

Vogue: The Wizard of Oz

When I got my Vogue, I died for that glamourama shoot. I'm always threatening those nearest and dearest to me that when I snap and have a nervous breakdown, I will cease wearing all garments save for gowns so I will just have to go about my daily business in gowns and nothing less. Obviously this shoot struck a chord with me.

Zhang Ziyi and Gong li should have gotten that cover and the Wizard of Oz editorial would have been spectacular with Stam or one of those 'doll-faced' models instead of Keira Knightley, IMO. I think Keira is gorgeous, but honestly, that atrocious blond hair does not work for me at all :yuk:

the last picture (of the editorial) is truly hideous to me...like frighteningly so. it looks worse in person. her head looks so large...and her face looks almost clownish. its very strange to see her look like this to me :huh:

^ Yes, I thought the exact same thing. She is supposed to convey she is happy and relieved to back home, instead she looks unusually quirkily perky. :rolleyes:

anybody know who is on the cover of US Vogue January 2006

Since noone posted some of the eds/features in HQ, I thought I'd go ahead and do it :P

GLAMORAMA :heart::heart: (must be in my Top 10 favs ever)
MODELS: LILY DONALDSON, GEMMA WARD, CAROLINE TRENTINI
HAIR: GARREN
MAKE-UP: PAT MCGRATH
PHOTOGRAPHER: STEVEN MEISEL
FASHION EDITOR: EDWARD ENNINFUL

love esp. the 1st, 3rd, 4th and last pictures!!!!!!

bwgreyscale from my own archive (I decided to post it again, because the quality of bwgreyscale is so amazing)

Up next some small bits from the issue

?
MODEL: LISA CANT
PHOTOGRAPHER: IRVING PENN
FASHION EDITOR: PHYLLIS POSNICK

hfgl

And here is a picture missing from the 'Casting A Spell' editorial (w/ Ziyi Zhang and Gong Li) with Tilda Swinton

TILDA SWINTON
HAIR: JULIEN D'YS
MAKE-UP: LINDA CANTELLO
PHOTOGRAPHER: PAOLO ROVERSI
FASHION EDITOR: PHYLLIS POSNICK

bwgreyscale via archive.org

And that's it from me :P

Glamorama
Photo Steven Meisel
Editor Edward Enninful
Models Lily Donaldson, Gemma Ward & Caroline Trentini
Hair Garren