US Vogue December 2006 : Nicole Kidman by Mario Testino

all vogue celeb covers are terrible
they ruin celebs..in a way

I am so tired of vouge already
and don't think future Angelina cover will be any different

That Versace body armor is atrocious. Donatella and Anna Wintour both need to be put in a cage along the poor animals who's lives are ended early on a fur farm. :innocent:

I like the goldish look to it (especially for December) but she does look weird.

I miss *MODELS.*

And thank goodness it's not Angelina..

i like the cover.at least she looks attractive..

I feel very strongly that we should not start a new thread for a magazine until we are reasonably certain who the cover subject will be. And by 'reasonably certain' I mean a cover scan from Us Weekly, Access Hollywood/Entertainment Tonight, NY Post, or at the very least a mention in WWD. Especially for a heavyweight magazine like US Vogue, the lack of proof filled the first couple pages with rumors and we don't see the real cover until many pages back! Newspapers or weeklies sometimes run predictions or report a probable cover months before the actual issue hits the newsstand, but I feel such information just distracts real discussion of the magazine. We can have a 'magazine forecast' thread, but leave such speculation out of each issue's individual thread. Otherwise, people might start speculating the March cover starting this December, and that loses the point of creating an individual thread for each issue.

As for Kidman winning the Vogue cover, it's about time. No, I am hardly being sarcastic--much like the way it selects editorial models, there are certain celebs US Vogue will always go to, and Kidman is Wintour's number one girl (and you thought it was Linda Evangelista...). Kidman leads the 'elite' pack that includes Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Gwyneth Paltrow, Uma Thurman, Renee Zellweger, and emerging favorites Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Cate Blanchett (I will exclude Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock because that is just preposterous) who are guaranteed a cover as long as they have an important movie out. Well, scratch important, because "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" and "V for Vendetta" were hardly star-making turns, but when actresses don't get good roles they settle for being Vogue's mannequins. I know that Kidman's due for a cover later this year: the first 'artsy' movie after failed comedic attempts, a new marriage, and a role as the goodwill ambassador for the UN... It was only a question of whether it would be November or December, and now the other shoe has dropped.

As for criticism of the cover, I think December is the right month for the debut of the spring collection next year. I was more surprised by the absense of a 'resort' cover this year, seeing how this bridge collection has expanded and even earned show-by-show coverage on Style.com. Not sure about Kidman turning 40 and dolled up as a Vegas girl, but I am always glad to see her and for once she ventured out of the 'porcelain goddess' look she's repeated for the past two years.

I actually have to agree with Liberty Rose on this one. Of all the actresses that Vogue features repeatedly, Nicole has done some of the best covers/editorials of the bunch.

No, this isn't a great shot of her, but the editorial could be fabulous. I love the dress, I'm just not sure I like it on her, but if the editorial has a sort of goddess/warrior theme then maybe it'll make more sense.

I agree that a magazine thread should be started when it is certain, firdt this was Beyonce the Angelina and now it turns out to be Nicole:huh:

I'm a little disappointed that it isn't Angelina but overall it isn't a terrible cover. Nicole's face looks slightly odd, but I like the dress (not so much on her) and the goldish color gives it a nice warm christmassy feeling.

I hope the editorials are going to be good!

:shock: :woot: :heart: :clap: LibertyRose is back!.

I agree with the reasons you mention on why she's appearing on the cover. it makes sense, and I think she hasnt been on that often..

the hair and expression on her face, however, are really awkward but i can live with it. the dress is nice...it seems very in-time for all the gianni-esque shortness of S/S 07. I'll probably buy it, even if i've promised to myself not to buy december issues. -_-

It could've been worse.. She looks scarier by the day, but I've always had a soft spot for Nicole. If it has to be a celeb cover, then rather Kidman than Beyonce or Angelina. :neutral:

Her last cover was so much better!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Pretty much the same concept, Nicole is a bautiful woman but she needs some variation from the gold, white and black!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eww she looks so ugly! Every time I start thinking about subscribing to Vouge they always let me down.

well... that was unexpected, but Nicola has had some many Vogue covers so far...

LibertyRose said:
I feel very strongly that we should not start a new thread for a magazine until we are reasonably certain who the cover subject will be. And by 'reasonably certain' I mean a cover scan from Us Weekly, Access Hollywood/Entertainment Tonight, NY Post, or at the very least a mention in WWD. Especially for a heavyweight magazine like US Vogue, the lack of proof filled the first couple pages with rumors and we don't see the real cover until many pages back! Newspapers or weeklies sometimes run predictions or report a probable cover months before the actual issue hits the newsstand, but I feel such information just distracts real discussion of the magazine. We can have a 'magazine forecast' thread, but leave such speculation out of each issue's individual thread. Otherwise, people might start speculating the March cover starting this December, and that loses the point of creating an individual thread for each issue..

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with this...
first the vogue paris november issue, and now this...

hopefully now you'll understand why we ask for a cover image or a report from a newssource ("i saw the cover on extra last night...) before starting a new thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->