US Vogue December 2006 : Nicole Kidman by Mario Testino

Luxx said:
I might be the only one who dislikes Kidmans edit. They've done something monstrous to her face. She doesn't even look like herself and I don't think the hair works in her favor either.
You're not the only one. Sorry but I think she is fug and has been so for many years.
Imo Vogue hasn't done anything to Nicole's face, Botox, surgery and decades of over-styling and over-dying her mane is more like it.

Anyway, I'd would like to hear what you though about the Euro socialite's article?

I saw a picture of Lily Donaldson (in her thread) and she was wearing Yves-Saint Laurent SS 07! (I am pretty sure)

Is US Vogue already showing SS collections in its editorials? Can someone with the mag, confirm this. lol its cool though, I like the fact they that are pushing forward and using new collections already

^ they are and that photo of lily is stunning. i happen to love that dress anyway.

Where The Wild things are
ph. Arthur Elgort
Model : Caroline Trentini

Her Famed Good Looks

ph. Irving Penn
Model : Lily Donaldson

Her Famed Good Looks

US Vogue uses Caroline Trentini literally EVERY damn issue! lol I really like her and stuff but Anna Wintour doesn't seem to understand the concept of over-exposure. I am so sick of Caroline. Vogue should use newer, upcoming models such as Iekeliene, Suvi, Irina, Snejana and Coco - who have been somewhat neglected editorial-wise, in comparison with Caroline, Gemma, Daria and Stella Tenant!

Caroline has the perfect "good american girl" face and look! and honestly I doubt Iekeline would do Vogue Us in a close future.

BerlinRocks said:
Caroline has the perfect "good american girl" face and look! and honestly I doubt Iekeline would do Vogue Us in a close future.

That is true, she does have a very American "look" about her. You don't think Iekeliene would do US Vogue? I know she has that European/alien/artistic/Italia Vogue look but then again I would have never expected Sasha to be doing US Vogue - her look is more artistic-editorials not high-fashion-glamorous-editorials lol. if that makes sense.

kuba01 said:
US Vogue uses Caroline Trentini literally EVERY damn issue! lol I really like her and stuff but Anna Wintour doesn't seem to understand the concept of over-exposure. I am so sick of Caroline. Vogue should use newer, upcoming models such as Iekeliene, Suvi, Irina, Snejana and Coco - who have been somewhat neglected editorial-wise, in comparison with Caroline, Gemma, Daria and Stella Tenant!

I'm getting sick of Caroline in US Vogue, too, but that editorial is so lovely.
Anna W. is so stubborn that she would hardly change girls in the mag. :ninja: Coco once appeared on an editorial by Arthur Elgort.

I am so sick of Caroline.
I was gonna say the exact same thing, until I saw her editorial. Because, it was fantastic. :smile: The Gardeny-Steve Miesel one was good too. Wish they used more of Karen Elson though. She's a far better and experienced model than Gemma, Sasha and Caroline combined.

But the Caroline-Wild Things editorial is completely outstanding. She looks healthy, gorgeous and relaxed. Even though I'm not a fan of hers-- I can't get over how amazing that ed is!

The Nicole editorial is also one of the best recent celebrity editorials I've seen for a long time. I have no idea why they chose the horrible cover though!

The Caroline/Beard/Elgort editorial is amazing. It's professional and perfect, like American Vogue always is, but that's just the beginning. In addition to that it's inspired, original and heartfelt. :heart: Thank you Kanna :heart:

could someone scan the Girl of the Month section with all the brides for me please,pretty,pretty,pretty,pretty, please.(i must admit i have a thing for stylish weddings/brides)

polka_dot said:
You're welcome! ^_^ Here's the Testino/Federer ed. :flower: Sorry the scans aren't any better. I didn't save these pages from the mag I tore up.

Thanks so much Polka_Dot you are a angel:wink: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuck. It looks like she took apart C-3PO and decided to wear him.

Well, I'm not a fan of Nicole as of late, but I shall buy and read faithfully as always. Anna seems to have me in some kind of trance.......

So long as Hilary Duff doesn't end up on the cover, it's okay. :smile:

that picture with lily d is the only beautiful thing in this issue
other eds suck, especially the kidman one

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->